Safety Concerns for Islamic Preacher who Called for “Allah’s Wrath” on Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Howard & Obama
By Sunny Peter | August 23, 2013 7:07 PM EST
He called on Allah's wrath to be on others and now the police have expressed concerns about his safety. In his March sermon, the Tunisian-born Mosque Preacher Sheikh Sharif Hussein Sheikh who is said to be a leading member of the Adelaide Islamic community, attacked Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, former Australian Prime Minister John Howard, US President Barack Obama and called Australian soldiers in Iraq as "Crusader pigs". The video of a sermon was published online by the US-based Middle East Media Research Institute, this week.
Australian media reported that the police are examining the entire content of the sermon to understand the context and determine whether any crime was committed.
Meanwhile the Muslim community of Adelaide has decried the sermon and said it would oppose anything which is against the peaceful, multicultural, wonderful and varied fabric of the wider Australian community.
Media reports said that in his sermon, to the more than two dozen followers in March, when the video was shot, the Sheikh said that Muslims were being raped and slaughtered around the world. In Iraq, American and British crusader troops, aided by the Australian troops raped "tens of thousands of women" he is reported to have said.
Adelaide daily newspaper, The Advertiser which reported the story and quoted the Sheikh said it had confirmed the translation with independent translators.
"The Australian participation in the Crusaders' war on Iraq is 6 per cent. This is out of approximately 365,000 Crusader pigs sent to Iraq, during the term of (Mr Howard), Allah's wrath be upon him," he is reported to have said.
"Listen, oh Obama, oh enemy of Allah, you who kiss the shoes and feet of the Jews. Listen! The day will come when you are trampled upon by the pure feet of the Muslims."
"Oh Allah, count the Buddhists and the Hindus one by one. Oh Allah, count them and kill them to the very last one."
Coming at a time when the country is gearing up for elections next month, this video will fuel further debate on Muslim complains, of deep-seated Islamophobia and race-based treatment in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8