Safety Concerns for Islamic Preacher who Called for “Allah’s Wrath” on Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Howard & Obama
By Sunny Peter | August 23, 2013 7:07 PM EST
He called on Allah's wrath to be on others and now the police have expressed concerns about his safety. In his March sermon, the Tunisian-born Mosque Preacher Sheikh Sharif Hussein Sheikh who is said to be a leading member of the Adelaide Islamic community, attacked Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, former Australian Prime Minister John Howard, US President Barack Obama and called Australian soldiers in Iraq as "Crusader pigs". The video of a sermon was published online by the US-based Middle East Media Research Institute, this week.
Australian media reported that the police are examining the entire content of the sermon to understand the context and determine whether any crime was committed.
Meanwhile the Muslim community of Adelaide has decried the sermon and said it would oppose anything which is against the peaceful, multicultural, wonderful and varied fabric of the wider Australian community.
Media reports said that in his sermon, to the more than two dozen followers in March, when the video was shot, the Sheikh said that Muslims were being raped and slaughtered around the world. In Iraq, American and British crusader troops, aided by the Australian troops raped "tens of thousands of women" he is reported to have said.
Adelaide daily newspaper, The Advertiser which reported the story and quoted the Sheikh said it had confirmed the translation with independent translators.
"The Australian participation in the Crusaders' war on Iraq is 6 per cent. This is out of approximately 365,000 Crusader pigs sent to Iraq, during the term of (Mr Howard), Allah's wrath be upon him," he is reported to have said.
"Listen, oh Obama, oh enemy of Allah, you who kiss the shoes and feet of the Jews. Listen! The day will come when you are trampled upon by the pure feet of the Muslims."
"Oh Allah, count the Buddhists and the Hindus one by one. Oh Allah, count them and kill them to the very last one."
Coming at a time when the country is gearing up for elections next month, this video will fuel further debate on Muslim complains, of deep-seated Islamophobia and race-based treatment in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Australia's Renewable Energy Industry Braces for Removal of Support
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How