iPhone 6 Gold, Silver and Black Coming Next Month, Apple Supplier Confirms
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 23, 2013 3:02 PM EST
iPhone 6 may come in gold, silver and black colours, according to a credible source from the supply chain.
The source confirmed that Apple is indeed working on a gold iPhone 6 for the rumoured release date next month.
TechCrunches analyst MG Siegler said last week in a new research note, "Yes there will be a gold iPhone."
"That's the latest I'm hearing from multiple sources after several weeks of rumours and possible component leaks suggesting the same thing. At first, I couldn't believe Apple would break from the tradition of offering the simple choice: black and white (or "slate" and "silver" if you prefer for the iPhone 5) for their flagship device," he added.
Last week, a number of leaked photos surfaced online showing the three cases of the next iPhone - silver, black and gold/champagne.
iPhone 6 release date is expected to happen on September 10 this year or early next year. However, it is expected that a cheaper iPhone will be released before the iPhone 6.
According to rumours, iPhone 6 will include a Retina + IGZO screen display; A7 quad core chip; 13MP rear camera and 3.2MP Facetime HD camera and wireless charging feature.
iPhone 6 hardware features may include A7 quad core processor with 3GB RAM; iOS 7; Near Field Communication; 13MP back camera; up to 128GB internal storage and longer battery life.
Concept images claimed that iPhone 6 will be packed with new and improved security features. It is reported that Apple is planning to include a fingerprint sensor in Apple devices for added security.
There is also an iPhone 6 concept showing the device capable of wireless charging. With the rumoured wireless charging feature, users will enjoy longer battery life.
However, Apple has not yet confirmed any of the aforementioned rumours stated above.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet