Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 can now update their smartphones to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using a custom ROM called SuperNexus. Samsung may not consider updating the device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and if you own this handset, SuperNexus ROM would be one way to get Android 4.3.
SuperNexus 3.0 ROM with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
SuperNexus ROM provide pure Vanilla Android experience which is found in several Google Nexus phones and tablets. This custom ROM is entirely built from Google's AOSP source code with added improvements and optimisations.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with latest CyanogenMod kernel
- All Jelly Bean features and applications
- No visual changes
- Stock Android Jelly Bean look and feel
- Turns your Samsung Galaxy S into a Nexus 4
- Rooted with SuperSU
- ZERO bloatware
- Official Jelly Bean boot animation
- Extended power menu
- Improved scrolling cache
- Increased lock screen widget limit
- Increased maximum tab limit to 64
- Noise suppression for calls
- Enabled gesture input
Warning: SuperNexus is a custom ROM which can damage your device. Developers and sources are not liable for any damages which may occur on your smartphone. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent any damages or errors which may occur on your Galaxy S. Do this at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your personal information settings and data files on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Do not flash this to other variants of Galaxy S.
- Check the battery level and it must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy S on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy S and make sure that the device is already rooted.
- Download the SuperNexus 3.0 ROM and the Google Apps to your computer.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy then paste the SuperNexus 3.0 ROM and the Google Apps package to the SD card of your Galaxy S. Do not extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and turn it off.
4. Reboot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys at the same then wait till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime by rebooting into recovery mode and selecting "backup and restore > restore."
6. Perform a full wipe on your handset. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then go back to the main menu then select "advance > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Go back to the main menu then select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the SuperNexus 3.0 custom firmware you have copied earlier then confirm installation. Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
9. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
10. The boot may take at least 5 minutes before reaching the home screen due to the "first time" running the ROM.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 can now enjoy all features from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and special optimisation from SuperNexus 3.0 custom ROM.
If you have any questions or issues, visit the SuperNexus 3.0 ROM for Galaxy S original thread and post your comments on the page.
To contact the editor, e-mail: