The Taiwan-made HTC One has been topping the list of tech reviewers since it was released in the market because of its game-changer features, although it has also been criticised for its irreplaceable battery and being difficult to fix.
Another review again reconfirmed HTC One's superior features, resulting in the device topping Mashable's list of best Android devices.
1. HTC One - Of course, first on the list of reviewers is the smartphone's aluminium body. Also notable are its 4.7-inch screen, default Flipboard-like homepage called BlinkFeed and above average shooter. Throw in as well its other use as universal remote control.
2. LG2 - The device features a 5.2-inch screen and is powered by the Snapdragon 600 processor. It has hi-fi audio and full HD screen, making it a great gadget for videos, music and games.
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 - Mashable disagrees with criticisms that the S4 is only a surface-level upgrade of the S3, with a slightly bigger display. The Web site points to improvements in S4's camera, sensors and battery as proof.
4. Nexus 4 - The strengths of this device include its above-average processor and long battery life of up to 14 hours.
5. Moto X - This newly released phone is included in the list because of its Touchless Control similar to Google Glass, plus its offer of user customization, including 2,000 colour combination to select from and light, powerful features.
The listing comes just a week after industry reports that Android is the operating system of almost 80 per cent of all devices shipper during the second quarter of fiscal 2013, while the iOS has dropped to second spot.