Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 AT&T variant through manually installation of CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM. The manual upgrade includes Android 4.3 features such as restricted profiles and Bluetooth Smart plus value added features from Android 4.2.
Android 4.3 Features
- Permission manager
- Virtual surround sound
- Improved dial pad
- Upgraded Linux kernel
- Bluetooth pairing with low power devices
- Control user account with restricted profiles
- TRIM feature
Warning: CyanogenMod 10.2 is a custom ROM and we are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your handset. Do this at your own risk.
This custom ROM is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 AT&T variant. Do not flash this on other devices or suffer unforeseen consequences.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent
- Download and install the necessary USB drivers for your smartphone on your computer
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on your phone
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware and the Google Apps package on your computer
1. Connect your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 custom ROM and the Google Apps package on the SD card of the Galaxy S3.
3. Disconnect the phone and switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power keys altogether till the Samsung logo shows up.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." The saved ROM is stored inside the SD card which can be restored at anytime.
6. Now perform a full wipe on your phone. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Android 4.3 CM 10.2 custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the firmware you have copied early and confirm installation. Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation has been complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. The phone will reboot and may take up to 5 minutes to reach the home screen on its first time.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T version is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with added values from CyanogenMod 10.2.
If you have any questions or issues, send your feedback to Android Jinn official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail: