iPad 5 Release Date Will Happen Early October, Apple Execs Hint
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 21, 2013 2:02 PM EST
Apple executives hinted that iPad 5 release date will happen in early October.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said in his recent interview, "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
This is seconded by Apple's CFO, Peter Oppenheimer, who stated that Apple will be very busy this fall due to a number of releases. He added that he will reveal more in October. This is the biggest hint of all subtly saying that Apple devices may happen in early October.
It has become clear that Apple is not following a specific schedule on iPad release date. Thus, the upcoming iPad 5 may see an early October release date bearing iPad Mini-like design.
Last year, Apple launched the iPad 4 six months after it released the iPad 3. It led consumers to believe that Apple will release two tablets each year.
According to the latest note of KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has a great reputation when it comes to Apple-related rumours, iPad 5 will debut in early September along with iPhone 5 casing and not with iPad Mini.
The successor of iPad Mini will not be released this year. The delay in release date could be due to the production of the Retina display and other components required to improve the power efficiency needed in a smaller tablet. iPad Mini 2 may be released in March or April 2014.
The iPad 5 release date will include an A7 processor, support for 4G/LTE connection and internal storage up to 128GB, according to Kuo. Rumour has it that the device will retain its 5MP rear camera although many Apple fans wished that Apple will upgrade it to 8MP.
However, Apple has not confirmed the rumours surrounding the iPad 5 release date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight