Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G owners should delight even Samsung hasn't released any Android 4.2.2 update for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is possible for the handset. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware is not an official update but can be applied from the release of CyanogenMod team.
Warning: CyanogenMod 10.2 is a custom ROM and we are liable for any damages which may occur on your smartphone. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
Before proceeding with the manual upgrade, please fulfil the following requirements for your device.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I900G only
- Create a backup of all personal settings and data files on your smartphone
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent
- Root the handset and install a ClockworkMod custom recovery
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging"
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 firmware and the Google Apps package on your computer
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste both the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 firmware and the Google Apps package you have downloaded earlier to the SD card of your smartphone.
3. Disconnect the phone and turn it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys altogether till the Samsung logo shows up.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." The saved ROM is stored on the SD card of your handset which can be restored anytime.
6. Now perform a full wipe on the Galaxy S2. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 firmware on your smartphone. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" then choose the custom ROM and confirm its installation. Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. The device may take up to 5 minutes to finish booting for the first time.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G is now Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.2 features.
For any issues and suggestions, send your feedbacks to Android Advices official Galaxy S2 update page.
To contact the editor, e-mail: