Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Reacts to Instagram Marriage Proposal, Swaps Boys' Night Out with Games of Thrones
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 20, 2013 12:15 AM EST
Actor Ian Somerhalder has been receiving a lot of attention from legions of female fans since he catapulted to stardom, thanks to his breakthrough role in "Lost" and vampire character Damon Salvatore. The "Vampire Diaries" heartthrob star may be used to that but he appeared to be stunned when he received an Instagram marriage proposal.
Photo credit: Twitter/@MikaSomerholic
Somerhalder, 34, shared a screenshot of his online proposal to the millions of followers on his Twitter account @iansomerhalder to show that a person, perhaps a devoted fan, popped the magic question through the social networking site. The actor's response to the marriage proposal reads: "Marriage proposal- I think it's plenty romantic. Proposal on Instagram is more than sufficient;)."
Photo credit: Twitter/@iansomerhalder
Ian has always been an active user in Twitter where he posts messages and shares images to keep his fans and followers updated. The actor recently confessed as well that he has never watched even a single episode of the hit HBO series "Game of Thrones."
In order to catch up with what he has been missing, Ian Somerhalder expressed on Twitter about swapping a boys' night out and just have a TV series marathon instead. "Games of Thrones" will be on its fourth season in the later part of 2013 and Ian revealed to his followers about his plan of starting to watch with the first season.
"Think I'm going to trade in going out tonight &start Game of Thrones - I'm the only person I know that has never even seen a frame of this show," Ian posted. As the "Vampire Diaries" actor becomes busy and hooked in watching the TV series, co-star and ex-girlfriend Nina Dobrev will be enjoying her new single life after their much publicized break up.
Ms Dobrev may be currently linked to BFF Julianne Hough's brother, Derek, but the 24-year-old brunette actress revealed to Us Weekly that she is not in a hurry to have a new boyfriend. Reps were also quick in denying the Nina-Derek relationship reports stating that the two are just good friends.
More Entertaniment Articles to Read:
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Featured in New Photo Shoot for Conde Nast Traveler Magazine [PHOTOS] - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress to Forget Ian Somerhalder with Derek Hough as BFF Julianne Hough Plays Cupid? [PHOTOS] - [READ]
Nina Dobrev Receives Surprise Gift, Did It Come From Ex Ian Somerhalder? [PHOTOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar