August 19, 2013 5:06 PM EST
Dexter Season 8, Episode 8 Recap, Shocking Spoilers: ‘Are We There Yet’ is Best ‘Brain Surgeon’ Episode! [PHOTOS]
Dexter Season 8, Episode 8 ("Are We There Yet") takes the Michael C. Hall starrer another step closer to its series finale. In a sick and darkly funny episode, the "grandma" psychopath whisperer dines with "dad" Dexter, "mum" Hannah McKay, and adopted son, Zach Hamilton. "I trust that no one's a vegetarian here," is probably one of the most LOL-worthy lines of the series.
Spoiler Alert: This review contains spoilers for those who have not seen Dexter Season 8, Episode 8, which is one of the best episodes of the psychopath family chronicles.
In the previous episode ("Dress Code"), Cassie is found murdered after Dexter helped Hannah McKay dispose of Miles' body. Dexter finds himself too occupied with the Hannah business to give Zach Hamilton, his protégé, some of his precious time. This resulted in Zach killing another innocent, Dexter muses. The blood in Hannah's fingernails confirms his suspicion. But wait, there's more!
Here are the highlights of "Are We There Yet" aka Dexter Season 8, Episode 8:
1. Dexter lies to Masuka about the blood under Cassie's nails. He wants to take care of Zach himself.
2. Quinn points out to Dexter the similarities in the crime scene photos of Cassie and Zach's kill, Norma Rivera. Dexter tries to get him off Zach's trail.
3. Dexter blames Dr Vogel for asking him not to kill Zach, who has gone hiding. She looks convinced she's been wrong.
4. Dexter lies to Deb and tries to help Hannah flee Miami with fake paperwork, after a side trip to Zach's location.
5. Deb involves his boss and suitor, Jacob Elway, in the hunt for Hannah McKay. She entices him with the $250,000 prize for her head.
6. Quinn meets up with Cassie's boyfriend, but the guy becomes suspicious to the viewers when he hints he and Cassie are getting serious.
7. Dexter, Hannah and Zach get some funny moments in the protégé's rented "killing room." There's proof Zach has been inadvertently following Dr Vogel's code.
8. Deb confronts "Hannah-f*mce_markeramp;ing-McKay" for the first time in Dexter Season 8. Deb meets Zach in the process. Realizing Hannah may actually love her brother, Debra leaves the "family" of killers behind.
9. Debra Morgan is confused. One moment, she's taking Elway to Hannah's path. The next, she's keeping him off her tail. (Could this put Debra in grave danger?)
10. Dexter finds Zach's dead body in his apartment. The brain surgeon is apparently still busy!
"Are We There Yet" is by far Dexter Season 8's best episode, ever. There are some amusing if not LOL scenes involving the dysfunctional "family" of psychopaths. And then there's a shocker in the end.
More Dexter Season 8, TV Guide Features:
Dexter Season 8 Spoilers: Hannah McKay vs Debra Morgan, Dexter vs Zach; Killers in Love and War, Last Five Episodes! [PHOTOS]
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 Spoilers: Calzona, Crowen, Jolex -- Which Favourite Character is Leaving? [PHOTOS]
Suits Season 3, Episode 5 Review, Spoilers: 'Doubt' Brings Game of Thrones, The Wire; Harvey Specter and Donna Complication Up (PHOTOS)