August 16, 2013 3:03 AM EST
Arrow Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Flash' Speeds In; Stephen Amell Excited, New Characters, Lots to Expect! [PHOTOS]
Arrow Season 2 spoilers carry some very promising developments. The Flash aka Barry Allen will appear in not one, but three episodes of The CW series starring hunky celeb Stephen Amell. On Facebook, Amell is making sure the fans are well taken care of as they wait for the October premiere of his show.
Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, together with series writer Geoff Johns, have announced the entry of The Flash into Starling City. In its report, Deadline.com these three showrunners will be working closely on the Barry Allen storyline within Arrow Season 2.
"It will be fun for the audience to see how we do our take on The Flash's powers. Some will feel very familiar to those who know the comics, and other stuff will feel different yet fresh and exciting," Kriesberg said.
"(Barry Allen) does need powers to become The Flash. And he will be The Flash. He will wear a red costume, and he will go by that name," Berlanti assured fans.
Arrow Season 2 spoilers: Exciting characters, more exciting actors
Arrow Season 1 guest stars Colton Haynes (Roy Harper), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) and Manu Bennett (Slade Wilson) have all been promoted to series regulars. This news alone promises a whole lot of changes and character expansion in the series. But wait, there's more:
- Summer Glau of "Terminator," "Firefly" and "Serenity," is joining Arrow Season 2 as Isabel Rochev.
- Caity Lotz got the role of Black Canary. (Relax, Katie Cassidy will eventually become Black Canary.)
- Kevin Alejandro will play Brother Blood, while Michael Jai White will play Bronze Tiger.
- Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) will be at the District Attorney's office, involved in the case against Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson).
- There will be a new man in Laurel's world, while it is widely believed the Olicity fans will be treated to exciting scenes!
- Teryl Rothery will come in as Jean Loring, Moira's attorney. It remains to be seen whether she will also be presented as wife/ex-wife of Ray Palmer aka Atom.
- As if the list of new villains isn't enough, the Big Bad from Arrow Season 1, Malcolm Merlyn aka Dark Archer (John Barrowman), will also appear in the show's new season.
- Arrow Season 2 premiere is schedule on The CW on October 9.
David Ramsey, who plays Dig, dishes his thoughts on the Arrow Season 2 premiere.
"The end of last season affected everybody... Everyone in these first few episodes -- particularly Oliver but also Laurel very seriously -- are reeling from that," Ramsey was quoted as saying by comicbookresources.com.
Stephen Amell, Oliver Queen himself, is particularly excited by the fact that writers are now prepared to tackle 23 episodes for Arrow Season 2. In the first season, the preparation was only for 13 episodes because it was unclear whether the show would get a second season. (It did, and how!)
"When you shoot almost ten episodes before anyone even sees the show, what people see and react to becomes a critical instrument in the series. This year, the writers can write for 23 episodes, and they have a plan. Not that there wasn't a plan before, but they were telling me the island stuff, and wow!" Amell teased.
More TV Guide Features:
Dexter Season 8 Spoilers: Hannah McKay vs Debra Morgan, Dexter vs Zach; Killers in Love and War, Last Five Episodes! [PHOTOS]
Glee Season 5 Spoilers: Cory Monteith Tribute, Lea Michele's Tweets; Blake Jenner Talks 'Problems' [PHOTOS]
Castle Season 6 Spoilers: Stana Katic, Lisa Edelstein as New BFFs? Cas-Kett Fan Creates Trailer [BTS PHOTOS, VIDEO]