Fashion Forward Trousers: Take Your Cue
By Prerna Sood | August 12, 2013 12:08 PM EST
For a long time in fashion, womanhood was associated with "no pants." Women were always seen in gowns, long and full skirts and maxi dresses that enhanced the female silhouette in the most appealing way. Coco Chanel, who took women's fashion a notch ahead with wearable, real-world wardrobe in the last century, famously said, "I make fashions women can live in, breathe in, feel comfortable in and look younger in."
Pants arrived. Pants arrived and changed the way women dressed and continued to do so with unending stylish new variants every day. They became an absolute necessity even with the stay-at-home moms. It's this unmatched popularity of trousers that led the makers to bring the ultra cool denims into our world. And there's been no looking back ever since.
It's the age of fashion hybrid. Where style was concerned, the easiest way to make something seem fresh was to coin a flashy, cool-sounding term for it (often combining two existing ones). When I first heard the word "jeggings" (jeans + leggings), I thought it was the most outrageous fashion term ever. The only image that my mind could give me was crushed bottoms! But look what a raging trend it's become. Laugh all you want, but you might even live to witness a day when pooches would wander with a pair on! Oh yes!
There's more! Skorts, coatigangs, glamping and the likes. But seriously, pants are big in the world of fashion. And they are not going anywhere. So, no matter how high the skirts get or how low the necklines plunge, pants are your toilet paper! You will need them, no matter what!
Women in our era no matter how stylish, how brand conscious tend to opt for comfortable casual clothing what with juggling home with monster-sized careers. Trousers are the ubiquitous answer. Comfy and stylish with a modern woman's I-don't-give-a-flying-fish attitude. Classic trousers with a tight-fitted top and a slim belt on top of the pants with high heels is just the way to be. Never fails to impress!
Narrow trousers, glamorous bohemian trousers, bell bottoms, palazzo pants, straight fits, boot cuts and ankle length always leave you with fascinated and flattering glances from both men and women. Trousers almost always represent a woman's world of curvy legs and behind in an up-to-the-minute yet elegant fashion. By the way, a few common rules in choice of pants can take your style up several notches higher! So, go for it! Wear a comfy practical pair of trousers and walk with ease!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Bum in New Bikini-Clad Picture, Holidays With Kanye West in Mexico
- 2014 Miss Universe: Meet Tegan Martin, Miss Universe Australia
- Kim Kardashian's Fans Think She is Copying Beyonce in New Rock Star Inspired Look
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Sizzles In CK Reveal Commercial [VIDEO]
- Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian Offer Sneak Peeks At Latest Kardashian Kollection Offerings
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff