Fashion Forward Trousers: Take Your Cue
By Prerna Sood | August 12, 2013 12:08 PM EST
For a long time in fashion, womanhood was associated with "no pants." Women were always seen in gowns, long and full skirts and maxi dresses that enhanced the female silhouette in the most appealing way. Coco Chanel, who took women's fashion a notch ahead with wearable, real-world wardrobe in the last century, famously said, "I make fashions women can live in, breathe in, feel comfortable in and look younger in."
Pants arrived. Pants arrived and changed the way women dressed and continued to do so with unending stylish new variants every day. They became an absolute necessity even with the stay-at-home moms. It's this unmatched popularity of trousers that led the makers to bring the ultra cool denims into our world. And there's been no looking back ever since.
It's the age of fashion hybrid. Where style was concerned, the easiest way to make something seem fresh was to coin a flashy, cool-sounding term for it (often combining two existing ones). When I first heard the word "jeggings" (jeans + leggings), I thought it was the most outrageous fashion term ever. The only image that my mind could give me was crushed bottoms! But look what a raging trend it's become. Laugh all you want, but you might even live to witness a day when pooches would wander with a pair on! Oh yes!
There's more! Skorts, coatigangs, glamping and the likes. But seriously, pants are big in the world of fashion. And they are not going anywhere. So, no matter how high the skirts get or how low the necklines plunge, pants are your toilet paper! You will need them, no matter what!
Women in our era no matter how stylish, how brand conscious tend to opt for comfortable casual clothing what with juggling home with monster-sized careers. Trousers are the ubiquitous answer. Comfy and stylish with a modern woman's I-don't-give-a-flying-fish attitude. Classic trousers with a tight-fitted top and a slim belt on top of the pants with high heels is just the way to be. Never fails to impress!
Narrow trousers, glamorous bohemian trousers, bell bottoms, palazzo pants, straight fits, boot cuts and ankle length always leave you with fascinated and flattering glances from both men and women. Trousers almost always represent a woman's world of curvy legs and behind in an up-to-the-minute yet elegant fashion. By the way, a few common rules in choice of pants can take your style up several notches higher! So, go for it! Wear a comfy practical pair of trousers and walk with ease!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Feels Like Hannah Montana With Her Life Tied Up Between Reality Television And Modeling
- Karl Lagerfeld Model Kendall Jenner: 'I Am Workaholic, Competitive And Picky'
- Jennifer Aniston Says Kim Kardashian Copied Her Idea Of Naked Bums Photo, She Did It First
- Beauty Secrets Of Jennifer Lopez Revealed As Singer Gears Up For American Music Awards
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change