Fashion Forward Trousers: Take Your Cue
By Prerna Sood | August 12, 2013 12:08 PM EST
For a long time in fashion, womanhood was associated with "no pants." Women were always seen in gowns, long and full skirts and maxi dresses that enhanced the female silhouette in the most appealing way. Coco Chanel, who took women's fashion a notch ahead with wearable, real-world wardrobe in the last century, famously said, "I make fashions women can live in, breathe in, feel comfortable in and look younger in."
Pants arrived. Pants arrived and changed the way women dressed and continued to do so with unending stylish new variants every day. They became an absolute necessity even with the stay-at-home moms. It's this unmatched popularity of trousers that led the makers to bring the ultra cool denims into our world. And there's been no looking back ever since.
It's the age of fashion hybrid. Where style was concerned, the easiest way to make something seem fresh was to coin a flashy, cool-sounding term for it (often combining two existing ones). When I first heard the word "jeggings" (jeans + leggings), I thought it was the most outrageous fashion term ever. The only image that my mind could give me was crushed bottoms! But look what a raging trend it's become. Laugh all you want, but you might even live to witness a day when pooches would wander with a pair on! Oh yes!
There's more! Skorts, coatigangs, glamping and the likes. But seriously, pants are big in the world of fashion. And they are not going anywhere. So, no matter how high the skirts get or how low the necklines plunge, pants are your toilet paper! You will need them, no matter what!
Women in our era no matter how stylish, how brand conscious tend to opt for comfortable casual clothing what with juggling home with monster-sized careers. Trousers are the ubiquitous answer. Comfy and stylish with a modern woman's I-don't-give-a-flying-fish attitude. Classic trousers with a tight-fitted top and a slim belt on top of the pants with high heels is just the way to be. Never fails to impress!
Narrow trousers, glamorous bohemian trousers, bell bottoms, palazzo pants, straight fits, boot cuts and ankle length always leave you with fascinated and flattering glances from both men and women. Trousers almost always represent a woman's world of curvy legs and behind in an up-to-the-minute yet elegant fashion. By the way, a few common rules in choice of pants can take your style up several notches higher! So, go for it! Wear a comfy practical pair of trousers and walk with ease!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Harry Styles and Paige Reifler Allegedly Back Together
- Kim Kardashian Allegedly Snubs Vogue Editor Anna Wintour in her Game Kim Kardashian Hollywood
- Hot German Model Andre Hamann Serenades Birthday Girl Selena with Kings of Leon Song
- Kate Middleton Wears Green Tea Dress To Celebrate Prince George's Birthday: Where To Get The Dress
- Justin Bieber Diss to Selena Gomez on Her Birthday, Posts Another Model's Pic
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales