The Warren Files: Andrea Perron Remembers Burrisville Farmland Hauntings Featured in The Conjuring
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 8, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Andrea Perron, 54, still remembers the ten long years that their family experienced when they moved in a farmhouse in Burrilville, Rhode Island in 1971.
Her mother, Carolyn, woke up one morning before dawn and saw an apparition of a head of an old woman hanging off to one side in an old gray dress.
In a phone interview with The Providence Journal, the same publication that featured the Perron family's disturbing events in their home in 1977, Andrea recalls some of the hauntings their family encountered while there are also some things that she does not want to talk about.
“Let’s just say, there was a very bad male spirit and five little girls,” she said.
Andrea was only 12 years old when their family moved in the 14-room farmhouse in Burillville's Harrisville section. The hauntings immediately began after they settled in their new home.
Carolyn, now 74, said that "The most difficult thing was that we did not understand it."
The couple Lorraine and Ed Warren, who are paranormal investigators, came into their home one day. They were introduced to the Perrons by a paranormal group in Rhode Island.
“Mrs. Warren came into the house knowing nothing,” Andrea said. “She stepped into the kitchen and said, ‘I feel a dark presence, and her name is Bathsheba.’"
According to the Warren's investigation, the farmhouse was haunted by Bathsheba Sherman who used to live there in the 19th century. Sherman was a Satanist "who murdered her young daughter as a sacrifice to Lucifer."
She practiced black rituals and took her own life in order to remain in the house forever, which explains the apparition that Mrs. Perron witnessed.
Andrea narrates the terrifying night that her mother was possessed by Bathsheba.
“We were not prepared for what happened that night,” she said. The Warrens arrived with a group of people that included " a priest, a medium and technical people".
She and her sister Cindy were hiding but “saw everything that happened, the power of evil in this life.”
“The only time I was truly terrified in that house was the night I thought I saw my mother die.
“She spoke in a voice we had never heard before,” and "a power not of this world threw her 20 feet into another room.”
She said that even though the Warrens tried to help that night, things just got worse and her father, Roger, was so upset that he asked them to leave their house.
Roger, 77, said that "she was possessed" and "...her entire body was distorted...and it lasted several hours, until they de-demonized her.
"And then I threw them out."
In The Conjuring, the film's ending suggests that the hauntings have stopped but in reality, the Perrons recall that they still had to endure living with as many as nine spirits in the farmhouse.
"Eventually, the family accepted the fact that we were not living there alone," Mrs. Perron said.
Lorraine Warren remembers the Perron case as "a very, very negative case."
Mrs. Warren, 86, points out that the Harrisville hauntings was caused by the family's lack of religious faith. "At that particular time, the people did not have religion."
“It was very dangerous," she said.
“You only have your faith as your protection. I always had my faith. God protecting me allowed me to do this."
Andrea admits that "some elements of the film are very accurate and some are fiction."
She now lives with her mother and one sister in Georgia and has self-published two volumes of a trilogy about hauntings titled 'House of Darkness, House of Light'.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display