The Warren Files: Andrea Perron Remembers Burrisville Farmland Hauntings Featured in The Conjuring
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 8, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Andrea Perron, 54, still remembers the ten long years that their family experienced when they moved in a farmhouse in Burrilville, Rhode Island in 1971.
Her mother, Carolyn, woke up one morning before dawn and saw an apparition of a head of an old woman hanging off to one side in an old gray dress.
In a phone interview with The Providence Journal, the same publication that featured the Perron family's disturbing events in their home in 1977, Andrea recalls some of the hauntings their family encountered while there are also some things that she does not want to talk about.
“Let’s just say, there was a very bad male spirit and five little girls,” she said.
Andrea was only 12 years old when their family moved in the 14-room farmhouse in Burillville's Harrisville section. The hauntings immediately began after they settled in their new home.
Carolyn, now 74, said that "The most difficult thing was that we did not understand it."
The couple Lorraine and Ed Warren, who are paranormal investigators, came into their home one day. They were introduced to the Perrons by a paranormal group in Rhode Island.
“Mrs. Warren came into the house knowing nothing,” Andrea said. “She stepped into the kitchen and said, ‘I feel a dark presence, and her name is Bathsheba.’"
According to the Warren's investigation, the farmhouse was haunted by Bathsheba Sherman who used to live there in the 19th century. Sherman was a Satanist "who murdered her young daughter as a sacrifice to Lucifer."
She practiced black rituals and took her own life in order to remain in the house forever, which explains the apparition that Mrs. Perron witnessed.
Andrea narrates the terrifying night that her mother was possessed by Bathsheba.
“We were not prepared for what happened that night,” she said. The Warrens arrived with a group of people that included " a priest, a medium and technical people".
She and her sister Cindy were hiding but “saw everything that happened, the power of evil in this life.”
“The only time I was truly terrified in that house was the night I thought I saw my mother die.
“She spoke in a voice we had never heard before,” and "a power not of this world threw her 20 feet into another room.”
She said that even though the Warrens tried to help that night, things just got worse and her father, Roger, was so upset that he asked them to leave their house.
Roger, 77, said that "she was possessed" and "...her entire body was distorted...and it lasted several hours, until they de-demonized her.
"And then I threw them out."
In The Conjuring, the film's ending suggests that the hauntings have stopped but in reality, the Perrons recall that they still had to endure living with as many as nine spirits in the farmhouse.
"Eventually, the family accepted the fact that we were not living there alone," Mrs. Perron said.
Lorraine Warren remembers the Perron case as "a very, very negative case."
Mrs. Warren, 86, points out that the Harrisville hauntings was caused by the family's lack of religious faith. "At that particular time, the people did not have religion."
“It was very dangerous," she said.
“You only have your faith as your protection. I always had my faith. God protecting me allowed me to do this."
Andrea admits that "some elements of the film are very accurate and some are fiction."
She now lives with her mother and one sister in Georgia and has self-published two volumes of a trilogy about hauntings titled 'House of Darkness, House of Light'.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best