‘Lungi Dance’ Controversy: Vishal-Shekhar Never had Problem With Me or Shah Rukh Khan, Says Rohit Shetty
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 7, 2013 6:09 PM EST
"Chennai Express" director Rohit Shetty has cleared the air on the latest controversy around Shah Rukh Khan's "Lungi Dance" song, stating that the music directors of the movie Vishal-Shekar never had problem with him or the lead actor.
"Vishal-Shekhar never had any problem with me or Shah Rukh. He was not there at the music launch because he had some prior commitments," Rohit told IANS.
Recently, rumours were rife that Vishal-Shekhar stayed away from the promotions of "Chennai Express" after Shah Rukh and Rohit roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the promotional track of the movie titled "Lungi Dance".
Earlier, when reports surfaced that Shah Rukh had approached the rapper for a special track, Vishal Dadlani lashed out at Singh saying that he was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
But weeks after Vishal's claim, Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone, who plays the female lead in "Chennai Express", were seen grooving to the number crooned by Honey Singh.
The rumours of clash between the music directors and Shah Rukh surfaced after Vishal-Shekhar, who are also judges of "Indian Idol Junior" alongside singer Shreya Ghoshal, didn't show up for a special episode of the television series on Saturday, allegedly as a protest against the film makers and lead actor Shah Rukh Khan. Both SRK and Deepika appeared for the episode to promote "Chennai Express" but Vishal-Shekhar refrained from showing up for the episode citing prior commitment.
However, Rohit played down the controversy saying, "I really don't know what's his problem with Honey Singh and what he keeps tweeting about. We all had so much fun working together in 'Chennai Express'."
"Chennai Express" is an action comedy co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan and Sidharath Roy Kapoor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia