Kardashian Sisters & Mom To Appear In Court for Settlement Talks With Ex-Stepmom
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Looks like The Kardashian sisters and their manager-mom Kris Jenner will get some respite from Ellen Kardashian. The family is expected to appear in Los Angeles court to finally settle their lawsuit against her father Rob's widow, Ellen Kardashian.
Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian and her siblings Kourtney, Khloe and Rob sued their father's widow in April for selling her late husband's journals to "InTouch Weekly" which contained shocking revelations of his father's abusing.
"These are authentic handwritten journals I have shared, that my late husband Robert Kardashian so carefully wrote during 1989 and 1990 at a most trying and touching time of his life. They are my personal possessions and he left them to me on his passing," Ellen told the magazine in April.
Entertainment Wise reports that Kim and Kris are expected in court on Sept. 12.
"The purpose of the Settlement Conference is to permit an informal discussion between the attorneys, parties, non-party indemnitors or insurers and the settlement judge, of every aspect of the case bearing on its settlement value," a source tells EW.
Ellen Pierson, née Markowitz, married Robert in 2003, according to an article about the late attorney on Wikipedia. Their wedding occurred just two months before Robert passed away on September 30, 2003, due to complications related to esophageal cancer. Though they were hardly married, Pierson told the magazine that they were in touch for past five years. According to her LinkedIn profile, Ellen is the Director of Sales for Western Title Resources in Carlsbad, California.
Khloe Kardashian and the other siblings have expressed their irk over the alleged love story and refuted Ellen's claims. "You married him on his deathbed while he was not even aware of his surroundings," Khloe tweeted shortly after Ellen released the diaries.
Robert Kardashian had four children with his first wife, Kris Houghton: Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob. All four are appearing on" Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and related programs.
After he divorced Houghton, he was engaged for a period of time to Denice Shakarian Halicki, the widow of movie producer H. B. Halicki. He married Jan Ashley in 1998. That marriage also ended in divorce. He married Ellen Pierson (née Markowitz) six weeks before he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop