Kardashian Sisters & Mom To Appear In Court for Settlement Talks With Ex-Stepmom
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Looks like The Kardashian sisters and their manager-mom Kris Jenner will get some respite from Ellen Kardashian. The family is expected to appear in Los Angeles court to finally settle their lawsuit against her father Rob's widow, Ellen Kardashian.
Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian and her siblings Kourtney, Khloe and Rob sued their father's widow in April for selling her late husband's journals to "InTouch Weekly" which contained shocking revelations of his father's abusing.
"These are authentic handwritten journals I have shared, that my late husband Robert Kardashian so carefully wrote during 1989 and 1990 at a most trying and touching time of his life. They are my personal possessions and he left them to me on his passing," Ellen told the magazine in April.
Entertainment Wise reports that Kim and Kris are expected in court on Sept. 12.
"The purpose of the Settlement Conference is to permit an informal discussion between the attorneys, parties, non-party indemnitors or insurers and the settlement judge, of every aspect of the case bearing on its settlement value," a source tells EW.
Ellen Pierson, née Markowitz, married Robert in 2003, according to an article about the late attorney on Wikipedia. Their wedding occurred just two months before Robert passed away on September 30, 2003, due to complications related to esophageal cancer. Though they were hardly married, Pierson told the magazine that they were in touch for past five years. According to her LinkedIn profile, Ellen is the Director of Sales for Western Title Resources in Carlsbad, California.
Khloe Kardashian and the other siblings have expressed their irk over the alleged love story and refuted Ellen's claims. "You married him on his deathbed while he was not even aware of his surroundings," Khloe tweeted shortly after Ellen released the diaries.
Robert Kardashian had four children with his first wife, Kris Houghton: Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob. All four are appearing on" Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and related programs.
After he divorced Houghton, he was engaged for a period of time to Denice Shakarian Halicki, the widow of movie producer H. B. Halicki. He married Jan Ashley in 1998. That marriage also ended in divorce. He married Ellen Pierson (née Markowitz) six weeks before he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers