Kardashian Sisters & Mom To Appear In Court for Settlement Talks With Ex-Stepmom
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Looks like The Kardashian sisters and their manager-mom Kris Jenner will get some respite from Ellen Kardashian. The family is expected to appear in Los Angeles court to finally settle their lawsuit against her father Rob's widow, Ellen Kardashian.
Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian and her siblings Kourtney, Khloe and Rob sued their father's widow in April for selling her late husband's journals to "InTouch Weekly" which contained shocking revelations of his father's abusing.
"These are authentic handwritten journals I have shared, that my late husband Robert Kardashian so carefully wrote during 1989 and 1990 at a most trying and touching time of his life. They are my personal possessions and he left them to me on his passing," Ellen told the magazine in April.
Entertainment Wise reports that Kim and Kris are expected in court on Sept. 12.
"The purpose of the Settlement Conference is to permit an informal discussion between the attorneys, parties, non-party indemnitors or insurers and the settlement judge, of every aspect of the case bearing on its settlement value," a source tells EW.
Ellen Pierson, née Markowitz, married Robert in 2003, according to an article about the late attorney on Wikipedia. Their wedding occurred just two months before Robert passed away on September 30, 2003, due to complications related to esophageal cancer. Though they were hardly married, Pierson told the magazine that they were in touch for past five years. According to her LinkedIn profile, Ellen is the Director of Sales for Western Title Resources in Carlsbad, California.
Khloe Kardashian and the other siblings have expressed their irk over the alleged love story and refuted Ellen's claims. "You married him on his deathbed while he was not even aware of his surroundings," Khloe tweeted shortly after Ellen released the diaries.
Robert Kardashian had four children with his first wife, Kris Houghton: Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob. All four are appearing on" Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and related programs.
After he divorced Houghton, he was engaged for a period of time to Denice Shakarian Halicki, the widow of movie producer H. B. Halicki. He married Jan Ashley in 1998. That marriage also ended in divorce. He married Ellen Pierson (née Markowitz) six weeks before he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon