Kardashian Sisters & Mom To Appear In Court for Settlement Talks With Ex-Stepmom
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Looks like The Kardashian sisters and their manager-mom Kris Jenner will get some respite from Ellen Kardashian. The family is expected to appear in Los Angeles court to finally settle their lawsuit against her father Rob's widow, Ellen Kardashian.
Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian and her siblings Kourtney, Khloe and Rob sued their father's widow in April for selling her late husband's journals to "InTouch Weekly" which contained shocking revelations of his father's abusing.
"These are authentic handwritten journals I have shared, that my late husband Robert Kardashian so carefully wrote during 1989 and 1990 at a most trying and touching time of his life. They are my personal possessions and he left them to me on his passing," Ellen told the magazine in April.
Entertainment Wise reports that Kim and Kris are expected in court on Sept. 12.
"The purpose of the Settlement Conference is to permit an informal discussion between the attorneys, parties, non-party indemnitors or insurers and the settlement judge, of every aspect of the case bearing on its settlement value," a source tells EW.
Ellen Pierson, née Markowitz, married Robert in 2003, according to an article about the late attorney on Wikipedia. Their wedding occurred just two months before Robert passed away on September 30, 2003, due to complications related to esophageal cancer. Though they were hardly married, Pierson told the magazine that they were in touch for past five years. According to her LinkedIn profile, Ellen is the Director of Sales for Western Title Resources in Carlsbad, California.
Khloe Kardashian and the other siblings have expressed their irk over the alleged love story and refuted Ellen's claims. "You married him on his deathbed while he was not even aware of his surroundings," Khloe tweeted shortly after Ellen released the diaries.
Robert Kardashian had four children with his first wife, Kris Houghton: Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob. All four are appearing on" Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and related programs.
After he divorced Houghton, he was engaged for a period of time to Denice Shakarian Halicki, the widow of movie producer H. B. Halicki. He married Jan Ashley in 1998. That marriage also ended in divorce. He married Ellen Pierson (née Markowitz) six weeks before he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report