Kardashian Sisters & Mom To Appear In Court for Settlement Talks With Ex-Stepmom
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Looks like The Kardashian sisters and their manager-mom Kris Jenner will get some respite from Ellen Kardashian. The family is expected to appear in Los Angeles court to finally settle their lawsuit against her father Rob's widow, Ellen Kardashian.
Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian and her siblings Kourtney, Khloe and Rob sued their father's widow in April for selling her late husband's journals to "InTouch Weekly" which contained shocking revelations of his father's abusing.
"These are authentic handwritten journals I have shared, that my late husband Robert Kardashian so carefully wrote during 1989 and 1990 at a most trying and touching time of his life. They are my personal possessions and he left them to me on his passing," Ellen told the magazine in April.
Entertainment Wise reports that Kim and Kris are expected in court on Sept. 12.
"The purpose of the Settlement Conference is to permit an informal discussion between the attorneys, parties, non-party indemnitors or insurers and the settlement judge, of every aspect of the case bearing on its settlement value," a source tells EW.
Ellen Pierson, née Markowitz, married Robert in 2003, according to an article about the late attorney on Wikipedia. Their wedding occurred just two months before Robert passed away on September 30, 2003, due to complications related to esophageal cancer. Though they were hardly married, Pierson told the magazine that they were in touch for past five years. According to her LinkedIn profile, Ellen is the Director of Sales for Western Title Resources in Carlsbad, California.
Khloe Kardashian and the other siblings have expressed their irk over the alleged love story and refuted Ellen's claims. "You married him on his deathbed while he was not even aware of his surroundings," Khloe tweeted shortly after Ellen released the diaries.
Robert Kardashian had four children with his first wife, Kris Houghton: Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob. All four are appearing on" Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and related programs.
After he divorced Houghton, he was engaged for a period of time to Denice Shakarian Halicki, the widow of movie producer H. B. Halicki. He married Jan Ashley in 1998. That marriage also ended in divorce. He married Ellen Pierson (née Markowitz) six weeks before he died.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon