‘Chennai Express’ Music Directors Ditched ‘Indian Idol Junior’ Courtesy ‘Lungi Dance’ Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 6, 2013 5:21 PM EST
Vishal-Shekhar, music director duo of "Chennai Express" and also judges of "Indian Idol Junior", didn't show up for a special episode of the television series on Saturday, allegedly as a protest against the film's makers and lead actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Shah Rukh and his co-star Deepika Padukone appeared for the episode to promote "Chennai Express". But Vishal-Shekhar refrained from showing up for the episode citing prior commitment.
A source opined that the duo was upset with Shah Rukh and the film's makers for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional song "Lungi Dance" without their knowledge.
"It is ironical that they decided to skip the episode which had the child contestants singing their tracks from their upcoming film. Why would they miss a chance to see the kids belt out their own compositions? It was supposed to promote the film's music and strangely the composers didn't show up," MidDay quoted the source as saying.
"They feel they were kept in the dark. As soon as buzz about Honey recording a track did the rounds, Vishal had questioned Rohit about the buzz and the director had denied it. Vishal had even stated it on his microblogging site. It's obvious that they wanted to show that they are hurt to SRK and Rohit by their absence," the source added.
The alleged clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after it was said the actor was not happy with several tracks in "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This was soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in Honey Singh for the song. This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying to ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Contrary to their claims, Singh composed and crooned for the "Lungi Dance" song, which is a tribute to southern superstar Rajnikant. Since then, Vishal-Shekhar have abstained from attending any promotional events of "Chennai Express".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June