Internet Dating Site 'Bug Chaser Personals' Encourage Gay Men HIV+ for Convenient Medical Care & Social Benefits
By Ryan Inoyori | August 6, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Internet Web site called "Bug Chaser Personals" puts life on the edge by allowing a member to hook up with an HIV-Positive individual. Bug Chaser Personals take members to meet men who enjoy risk taking inside and outside of the bedroom.
Bug Chaser Personals - HIV Partner Web site?
Bug Chaser Personals is the number one Web site for everyone who wants to have sex with people who are HIV positive. According to their statement below the site's page, HIV is not a taboo like it was decades ago and now there are treatments and drugs which slow down the disease's progress which allow one to have a normal - and love life as well.
Bug Chaser Personals is not exclusive for the member of LGBT community but also accept heterosexual members and couples with or without HIV or STD.
Alarming Growth of "Bug Chasers"
A leading scientist has expressed alarm at a trend in the Western world in which gay men use social networks to seek HIV-carrying sex partners in order to get infected. Bug Chasers are often motivated by a desire to secure life-long medical care and social welfare benefits.
Francoise Barré-Sinoussi, a Nobel Prize winner in medicine and French virologist, was unhappy to see such abuse of valuable medical resources and warned that people doing it might not be well informed of all the risks.
"Bugchasing" also got trending in Facebook as one group was recently set up and received more than 1,200 "likes". Another Web site in the United States promotes the idea and have more than 5,000 registered members.
In the United Kingdom, some participants told to the local media that they wanted to get infected to receive "a better quality of life because of the free medication."
"Of course, most patients who are on treatment are doing very well. But there are other health implications," according to Barré-Sinoussi who delivered a speech at the University of Hong Kong Pasteur Research Centre, quoted by SCMP.
"People should not overlook the side effects of the treatment. About 8 to 15 per cent of HIV-positive people on treatment will more likely die from cancer or other ageing diseases than normal people because of the side effects," Francoise Barré-Sinoussi explained.
Effect of Anti-HIV Drugs
HAART or Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy is a combination of multiple drugs to counter or control HIV infection in a person. HAART treatment benefits include reduced risk of transmitting the virus to another person and managing the effects of HIV infection for the longest possible time. However, HAART can impose several side effects to the patient such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Cardiovascular disease or heart attack (cardiac infarction)
- Fanconi syndrome
- Jaundice to liver failure
- Oral ulcers
- Kidney Failure
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (life-threatening allergic reaction to drugs or medication)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’