50 Cent Allegedly Kicks His Ex-Girlfriend And Destroyed Her Property, Ordered To Stay Away From Her
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 2:33 PM EST
American rapper and actor 50 Cent, who has a history of lawsuits, is ordered to stay 100 yards away from his ex-girlfriend, Daphne Joy Narvarez. The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, cannot contact Narvarez her by phone or e-mail, and cannot own weapons, the AP reports.
The "The Get Rich or Die Tryin'" rapper faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend on June 23 and destroyed $7,100 worth of property in her California condominium.
50 Cent, who pleaded not guilty in Van Nuys Superior Court on Monday, faces one count of domestic violence and four of vandalism. If convicted, 50 Cent could face up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
Narvarez and Jackson were in a three-year relationship and they have a 10-month-old child. According to LAPD, the two had a fight over some unspecified issue following which Narvarez locked jerself in the bedroom. The 37-year-old rapper allegedly kicked the bedroom door and also kicked his girlfriend injuring her.
In a fit of rage the rapper then went on to destroy furniture, chandeliers, a TV set and table lamp and a bedroom closet, reports E! Online.
Shortly after his court appearance the rapper posted a picture of himself to Instagram with a caption, "Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am."
The rapper is expected to be present in court on Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing. His ex-girlfriend is a model from the Philippines who has appeared in Neyo's "Miss Independent" and had a role of mermaid in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie.
However, the rapper's history with law dates back to 1994, when he was arrested for helping to sell four vials of cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was arrested again three weeks later when police searched his home and found heroin, ten ounces of crack cocaine, and a starter gun. He was sentenced to three to nine years in prison, but managed to serve six months in a shock incarceration boot camp.
The rapper was also arrested in 2003 with four other members of his entourage and charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon - a .25 caliber handgun and a .45 caliber pistol. In 2005, he was sentenced to two years probation from an incident where he jumped into the audience after being hit with a water bottle. He was charged with three counts of assault and battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown