50 Cent Allegedly Kicks His Ex-Girlfriend And Destroyed Her Property, Ordered To Stay Away From Her
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 2:33 PM EST
American rapper and actor 50 Cent, who has a history of lawsuits, is ordered to stay 100 yards away from his ex-girlfriend, Daphne Joy Narvarez. The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, cannot contact Narvarez her by phone or e-mail, and cannot own weapons, the AP reports.
The "The Get Rich or Die Tryin'" rapper faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend on June 23 and destroyed $7,100 worth of property in her California condominium.
50 Cent, who pleaded not guilty in Van Nuys Superior Court on Monday, faces one count of domestic violence and four of vandalism. If convicted, 50 Cent could face up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
Narvarez and Jackson were in a three-year relationship and they have a 10-month-old child. According to LAPD, the two had a fight over some unspecified issue following which Narvarez locked jerself in the bedroom. The 37-year-old rapper allegedly kicked the bedroom door and also kicked his girlfriend injuring her.
In a fit of rage the rapper then went on to destroy furniture, chandeliers, a TV set and table lamp and a bedroom closet, reports E! Online.
Shortly after his court appearance the rapper posted a picture of himself to Instagram with a caption, "Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am."
The rapper is expected to be present in court on Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing. His ex-girlfriend is a model from the Philippines who has appeared in Neyo's "Miss Independent" and had a role of mermaid in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie.
However, the rapper's history with law dates back to 1994, when he was arrested for helping to sell four vials of cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was arrested again three weeks later when police searched his home and found heroin, ten ounces of crack cocaine, and a starter gun. He was sentenced to three to nine years in prison, but managed to serve six months in a shock incarceration boot camp.
The rapper was also arrested in 2003 with four other members of his entourage and charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon - a .25 caliber handgun and a .45 caliber pistol. In 2005, he was sentenced to two years probation from an incident where he jumped into the audience after being hit with a water bottle. He was charged with three counts of assault and battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James