50 Cent Allegedly Kicks His Ex-Girlfriend And Destroyed Her Property, Ordered To Stay Away From Her
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 2:33 PM EST
American rapper and actor 50 Cent, who has a history of lawsuits, is ordered to stay 100 yards away from his ex-girlfriend, Daphne Joy Narvarez. The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, cannot contact Narvarez her by phone or e-mail, and cannot own weapons, the AP reports.
The "The Get Rich or Die Tryin'" rapper faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend on June 23 and destroyed $7,100 worth of property in her California condominium.
50 Cent, who pleaded not guilty in Van Nuys Superior Court on Monday, faces one count of domestic violence and four of vandalism. If convicted, 50 Cent could face up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
Narvarez and Jackson were in a three-year relationship and they have a 10-month-old child. According to LAPD, the two had a fight over some unspecified issue following which Narvarez locked jerself in the bedroom. The 37-year-old rapper allegedly kicked the bedroom door and also kicked his girlfriend injuring her.
In a fit of rage the rapper then went on to destroy furniture, chandeliers, a TV set and table lamp and a bedroom closet, reports E! Online.
Shortly after his court appearance the rapper posted a picture of himself to Instagram with a caption, "Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am."
The rapper is expected to be present in court on Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing. His ex-girlfriend is a model from the Philippines who has appeared in Neyo's "Miss Independent" and had a role of mermaid in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie.
However, the rapper's history with law dates back to 1994, when he was arrested for helping to sell four vials of cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was arrested again three weeks later when police searched his home and found heroin, ten ounces of crack cocaine, and a starter gun. He was sentenced to three to nine years in prison, but managed to serve six months in a shock incarceration boot camp.
The rapper was also arrested in 2003 with four other members of his entourage and charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon - a .25 caliber handgun and a .45 caliber pistol. In 2005, he was sentenced to two years probation from an incident where he jumped into the audience after being hit with a water bottle. He was charged with three counts of assault and battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June