50 Cent Allegedly Kicks His Ex-Girlfriend And Destroyed Her Property, Ordered To Stay Away From Her
By nidhi tewari | August 6, 2013 2:33 PM EST
American rapper and actor 50 Cent, who has a history of lawsuits, is ordered to stay 100 yards away from his ex-girlfriend, Daphne Joy Narvarez. The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, cannot contact Narvarez her by phone or e-mail, and cannot own weapons, the AP reports.
The "The Get Rich or Die Tryin'" rapper faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend on June 23 and destroyed $7,100 worth of property in her California condominium.
50 Cent, who pleaded not guilty in Van Nuys Superior Court on Monday, faces one count of domestic violence and four of vandalism. If convicted, 50 Cent could face up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
Narvarez and Jackson were in a three-year relationship and they have a 10-month-old child. According to LAPD, the two had a fight over some unspecified issue following which Narvarez locked jerself in the bedroom. The 37-year-old rapper allegedly kicked the bedroom door and also kicked his girlfriend injuring her.
In a fit of rage the rapper then went on to destroy furniture, chandeliers, a TV set and table lamp and a bedroom closet, reports E! Online.
Shortly after his court appearance the rapper posted a picture of himself to Instagram with a caption, "Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am."
The rapper is expected to be present in court on Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing. His ex-girlfriend is a model from the Philippines who has appeared in Neyo's "Miss Independent" and had a role of mermaid in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie.
However, the rapper's history with law dates back to 1994, when he was arrested for helping to sell four vials of cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was arrested again three weeks later when police searched his home and found heroin, ten ounces of crack cocaine, and a starter gun. He was sentenced to three to nine years in prison, but managed to serve six months in a shock incarceration boot camp.
The rapper was also arrested in 2003 with four other members of his entourage and charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon - a .25 caliber handgun and a .45 caliber pistol. In 2005, he was sentenced to two years probation from an incident where he jumped into the audience after being hit with a water bottle. He was charged with three counts of assault and battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance