How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | August 6, 2013 10:08 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box unlike its LTE brother which runs Android 4.2.2. But owners of the non-LTE Galaxy Note 8 can skip Android 4.2.2 version on their device and go straight to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using CyanogenMod 10.2 build.
The CyanogenMod 10.2 build features Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version, new customisation tools, theme engine and updated focal camera app. Moreover, the device will get Bluetooth Low Energy, restricted profiles in the control user account and TRIM feature which prevents sluggishness overtime.
Warning: This is a custom ROM and we are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on the Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110.
- Double check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Download and Install the necessary USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Root the device and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the CM10.2 firmware and the Google Apps package then paste them to the SD card of your device.
3. Disconnect the Note and turn it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys altogether till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Use the volume keys to navigate around and select options by hitting the power key.
6. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." Restore the ROM with the save process anytime you desire.
7. Now perform a full wipe on the Galaxy Note 8 by selecting "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then go back to the main menu and select "advance > wipe Dalvik cache."
8. Install the CM10.2 Android 4.3 firmware you have copied earlier by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the custom ROM and confirm installation. Apply the same with Google Apps package.
9. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The first boot may take up to 5 minutes to complete; be patient.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N5110 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware thanks to CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM.
For quick upgrade from earlier versions of CyanogenMod, comments or issues, visit the Android Jinn official thread for Galaxy Note 8.0 Android 4.3 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports