LaMarcus Aldridge – the Missing Piece in Houston Rockets Championship Puzzle
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 5, 2013 5:59 PM EST
The Houston Rockets might be the winner of this summer's free agency bonanza after acquiring Rockets center Dwight Howard, but that doesn't mean winning a championship is already a slam-dunk.
Howard will surely improve the Rockets immensely this season, having the physical tool to dominate the game on both ends of the floor. The Rockets will also gain a big boost from a much improve James Harden while Chandler Parson and Jeremy Lin are set to provide additional offensive firepower.
However, ESPN reporter Stephen A. Smith believes the Rockets, after all the free agent signing they made this offseason, are still no better than the fourth best team in a very competitive Western Conference standings.
In short, the Rockets need another All-Star caliber player, specifically another big man who can play alongside Howard in the interior.
Fortunately for them, Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge is very much available for the taking only if they are willing to let some of their assets walk away. Aldridge, two-time All-Star selectee, has fallen out of love in Portland and wanted to play for a legitimate title contender now.
Pulling it off won't be easy at all for the Rockets. The Blazers, who are eager to find a starting center, will surely demand Omer Asik, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones in exchange for Aldridge (21.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks during the 2012-2013 season).
The Rockets may probably sacrifice their future by trading these youngsters but winning should be now or never. Aldridge is a perfect fit for the Rockets and for sure the missing piece in their championship puzzle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James