LaMarcus Aldridge – the Missing Piece in Houston Rockets Championship Puzzle
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 5, 2013 5:59 PM EST
The Houston Rockets might be the winner of this summer's free agency bonanza after acquiring Rockets center Dwight Howard, but that doesn't mean winning a championship is already a slam-dunk.
Howard will surely improve the Rockets immensely this season, having the physical tool to dominate the game on both ends of the floor. The Rockets will also gain a big boost from a much improve James Harden while Chandler Parson and Jeremy Lin are set to provide additional offensive firepower.
However, ESPN reporter Stephen A. Smith believes the Rockets, after all the free agent signing they made this offseason, are still no better than the fourth best team in a very competitive Western Conference standings.
In short, the Rockets need another All-Star caliber player, specifically another big man who can play alongside Howard in the interior.
Fortunately for them, Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge is very much available for the taking only if they are willing to let some of their assets walk away. Aldridge, two-time All-Star selectee, has fallen out of love in Portland and wanted to play for a legitimate title contender now.
Pulling it off won't be easy at all for the Rockets. The Blazers, who are eager to find a starting center, will surely demand Omer Asik, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones in exchange for Aldridge (21.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks during the 2012-2013 season).
The Rockets may probably sacrifice their future by trading these youngsters but winning should be now or never. Aldridge is a perfect fit for the Rockets and for sure the missing piece in their championship puzzle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best