LaMarcus Aldridge – the Missing Piece in Houston Rockets Championship Puzzle
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 5, 2013 5:59 PM EST
The Houston Rockets might be the winner of this summer's free agency bonanza after acquiring Rockets center Dwight Howard, but that doesn't mean winning a championship is already a slam-dunk.
Howard will surely improve the Rockets immensely this season, having the physical tool to dominate the game on both ends of the floor. The Rockets will also gain a big boost from a much improve James Harden while Chandler Parson and Jeremy Lin are set to provide additional offensive firepower.
However, ESPN reporter Stephen A. Smith believes the Rockets, after all the free agent signing they made this offseason, are still no better than the fourth best team in a very competitive Western Conference standings.
In short, the Rockets need another All-Star caliber player, specifically another big man who can play alongside Howard in the interior.
Fortunately for them, Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge is very much available for the taking only if they are willing to let some of their assets walk away. Aldridge, two-time All-Star selectee, has fallen out of love in Portland and wanted to play for a legitimate title contender now.
Pulling it off won't be easy at all for the Rockets. The Blazers, who are eager to find a starting center, will surely demand Omer Asik, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones in exchange for Aldridge (21.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks during the 2012-2013 season).
The Rockets may probably sacrifice their future by trading these youngsters but winning should be now or never. Aldridge is a perfect fit for the Rockets and for sure the missing piece in their championship puzzle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation