LaMarcus Aldridge – the Missing Piece in Houston Rockets Championship Puzzle
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 5, 2013 5:59 PM EST
The Houston Rockets might be the winner of this summer's free agency bonanza after acquiring Rockets center Dwight Howard, but that doesn't mean winning a championship is already a slam-dunk.
Howard will surely improve the Rockets immensely this season, having the physical tool to dominate the game on both ends of the floor. The Rockets will also gain a big boost from a much improve James Harden while Chandler Parson and Jeremy Lin are set to provide additional offensive firepower.
However, ESPN reporter Stephen A. Smith believes the Rockets, after all the free agent signing they made this offseason, are still no better than the fourth best team in a very competitive Western Conference standings.
In short, the Rockets need another All-Star caliber player, specifically another big man who can play alongside Howard in the interior.
Fortunately for them, Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge is very much available for the taking only if they are willing to let some of their assets walk away. Aldridge, two-time All-Star selectee, has fallen out of love in Portland and wanted to play for a legitimate title contender now.
Pulling it off won't be easy at all for the Rockets. The Blazers, who are eager to find a starting center, will surely demand Omer Asik, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones in exchange for Aldridge (21.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks during the 2012-2013 season).
The Rockets may probably sacrifice their future by trading these youngsters but winning should be now or never. Aldridge is a perfect fit for the Rockets and for sure the missing piece in their championship puzzle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop