Google Nexus 5 vs. Low-Cost iPhone 5S: Which Rumoured Cheaper Smartphone Should You Wait For?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 5, 2013 1:39 PM EST
Two rumoured low-cost smartphone will engage in a battle royale later this year. These are the Google Nexus 5 and the low-cost iPhone 5S.
One of the most attractive features of any device is low price range. Cheaper devices proved to be popular to consumers, especially when they offer high-end specs.
Amazing features and a low price tag seemed to be the advantages of Nexus smartphones. However, Apple is reported to enter the same market soon to expand its availability to consumers.
Rumours claimed that the Google Nexus 5 will include a 5-inch Full HD screen display; an eight-core processor clocked at 2.3 GHz paired with 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM; 13 MP rear camera; 3300 mAh battery capacity and the latest Android OS.
The handset was rumoured to be available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB variants and will support 4G/LTE connectivity, which was missing in the Nexus 4.
Due to the immense success of LG Nexus 4, Google was expected to release the next generation of the device. LG Nexus 4 was sold out in minutes after its release and 400,000 units were sold initially.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S was expected to boast a 4-inch screen display, a dual core processor and an 8 MP back camera all housed in a cheap plastic casing. However, based on analyst Ming Chi Kuo's latest note, we can expect that the low-cost iPhone may boast the features of iPhone 5.
Below is the comparison of the rumoured specs and features of Google Nexus 5 and iPhone 5S.
Screen Display - The iPhone 5S was rumoured to include a 4-inch screen display. Google Nexus 5, on the other hand, was expected to come with 5-inch Full HD screen display.
Processor - Google Nexus 5 will include Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor that possesses a clock rate of 2.3 GHz paired with 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM. The iPhone 5S was expected to be powered by A6X processor.
Storage - iPhone 5S will be available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB variants. Google Nexus 5 was rumoured to come in 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB variants.
Operating System - iPhone 5S will include the latest iOS 7. Meanwhile, the Google Nexus 5 was expected to include a 4.3 version of the said OS.
Camera - The iPhone 5S will come with 8 MP rear shooter that will go against the 13 MP back camera of Google Nexus 5.
Price and Availability - The iPhone 5S will be available in early September and was speculated to cost $99 via carriers. Google Nexus 5 was expected to come later this year around October. The device was expected to cost around $299.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family