Shah Rukh Khan to Perform in Australia for First Time
By Sanskrity Sinha | August 2, 2013 7:48 PM EST
Shah Rukh Khan will perform live for the first time in Australia at the forthcoming Parramasala Festival 2013 in the Sydney’s suburb Parramatta, the organisers said in a statement. The annual festival, in its fourth edition, will be held from 4 October to 7 October.
The 47-year-old actor will lead the concert Temptation Reloaded, a two hour Indian variety show of music, dance and comedy as part of the festival, at Allphones Arena Homebush on last day of the festival.
"Parramasala is a key arts and cultural event on the NSW Annual Events Calendar and brings some of the world's best artists to Western Sydney. We are thrilled to welcome Shahrukh Khan to Sydney and Parramatta for the event and invite him to experience the very best of what Sydney and NSW have (on) offer while he's here," said Sandra Chipchase, CEO of Destination New South Wales (NSW), the NSW government’s tourism and events agency.
Often dubbed SRK, King of Bollywood or King Khan, Shah Rukh Khan’s live concert is expected to attract audience of not only Indian origin, but also his fans from Fiji, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
"We are expecting SRK and the Temptation Reloaded show to attract significant international visitors to Sydney and more than 5,000 people from around Australia," Chipchase added.
The legendry actor, who recently had his third child, a son named AbRam, with wife Gauri Khan, has been busy with promotions of his upcoming film Chennai Express and has not disclosed about his Australia’s concert plans as yet.
While in Australia, Shah Rukh Khan may also be climbing the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge; meeting a kangaroo and koala bear at Taronga Zoo; visiting a luxury spa in the Blue Mountains region, one-hour from Sydney, and the Bradman Cricket Museum in the Southern Highlands, one-hour South of Sydney, the organisers said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date