UK Rejects Salman Khan’s Visa, ‘Kick’ Shooting Stalled
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 2, 2013 7:27 PM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was caught up in trouble as his UK visa application has been rejected, probably on the lines of a court case in connection with the 2002 hit-and run incident.
For Salman, the visa rejection could prove costly since he was due in London to complete the shooting of "Kick".
Though authorities have not revealed the reasons which led to his visa cancellation, the ongoing hit-and-run case trial which recently charged him under the serious offence of culpable homicide might have been the main factor.
"Salman had appeared in court on July 24 but the final verdict was not taken. On July 19, the hearing was postponed and charges were framed against him on July 24. The court then framed the charges and adjourned the case till August 19. The rules pertaining to securing a UK visa has become stringent these days. It has definitely affected Salman's travel plans," the Mid-day tabloid quoted a source as saying.
While the action flick is already reported to be running behind schedule and now Salman's delay to reach the city might further hamper the shoot.
Even though the film's director Sajid Nadiadwala has not yet revealed any details, an insider from the film's crew was quoted as saying by the tabloid, "We can however reapply for the visa. We will wait till next week before restarting the procedure. Hopefully, by then he will get his visa and will be able to join the rest of the cast in London. There already has been a lot of delay in the shoot due to this."
The film was already facing issues while on its very first day of shoot in Scotland when one of the cars in an action sequence involving actor Randeep Hooda apparently knocked down a portion of a historic building. The matter was settled after a negotiation was reached with the production company compensating to the city council for the loss.
The action-packed entertainer, which also stars Jacqueline Fernandez, is due for release next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date