Jimmy Butler Thinks Chicago Bulls Pose Threat To Miami Heat’s ‘Three-Peat’ Dreams
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 2, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler said his team would not allow the Miami Heat to win their third straight championships, claiming they are going to give the defending champs a tough battle when the two Eastern Conference powerhouses opened their regular-season on Oct 29.
Butler, who averaged 13.3 points and 5.2 rebounds last season, believes the Bulls will be a real threat to the Heat's three-peat aspirations, especially when All-Star point guard and former MVP Derrick Rose returns from a year-long knee rehabilitation.
"That rivalry, it's crazy," Butler told Nick Friedell of ESPN via Real GM. "They're the back-to-back champions and when you think three-peat, you think Chicago so we can't let that happen."
The 27-year-old Butler said the Bulls are planning to spoil the Heat's championship celebration right after LeBron James and company receive their second championship ring on opening night.
"I don't think anybody wants to watch that on our team so we won't pay too much attention to it," Butler said. "They deserved it. They won a championship, definitely, but they got to deal with the Chicago Bulls for 48 minutes coming out right after that, they get their rings."
Butler is expected to start in his third season with the Bulls, giving the ball club a guard with the ability to create his own shot and knock down baskets from the perimeter consistently.
Moreover, Butler's development will give the Bulls another go-to-guy alongside Rose in the backcourt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues