Jimmy Butler Thinks Chicago Bulls Pose Threat To Miami Heat’s ‘Three-Peat’ Dreams
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 2, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler said his team would not allow the Miami Heat to win their third straight championships, claiming they are going to give the defending champs a tough battle when the two Eastern Conference powerhouses opened their regular-season on Oct 29.
Butler, who averaged 13.3 points and 5.2 rebounds last season, believes the Bulls will be a real threat to the Heat's three-peat aspirations, especially when All-Star point guard and former MVP Derrick Rose returns from a year-long knee rehabilitation.
"That rivalry, it's crazy," Butler told Nick Friedell of ESPN via Real GM. "They're the back-to-back champions and when you think three-peat, you think Chicago so we can't let that happen."
The 27-year-old Butler said the Bulls are planning to spoil the Heat's championship celebration right after LeBron James and company receive their second championship ring on opening night.
"I don't think anybody wants to watch that on our team so we won't pay too much attention to it," Butler said. "They deserved it. They won a championship, definitely, but they got to deal with the Chicago Bulls for 48 minutes coming out right after that, they get their rings."
Butler is expected to start in his third season with the Bulls, giving the ball club a guard with the ability to create his own shot and knock down baskets from the perimeter consistently.
Moreover, Butler's development will give the Bulls another go-to-guy alongside Rose in the backcourt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS