Jimmy Butler Thinks Chicago Bulls Pose Threat To Miami Heat’s ‘Three-Peat’ Dreams
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 2, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler said his team would not allow the Miami Heat to win their third straight championships, claiming they are going to give the defending champs a tough battle when the two Eastern Conference powerhouses opened their regular-season on Oct 29.
Butler, who averaged 13.3 points and 5.2 rebounds last season, believes the Bulls will be a real threat to the Heat's three-peat aspirations, especially when All-Star point guard and former MVP Derrick Rose returns from a year-long knee rehabilitation.
"That rivalry, it's crazy," Butler told Nick Friedell of ESPN via Real GM. "They're the back-to-back champions and when you think three-peat, you think Chicago so we can't let that happen."
The 27-year-old Butler said the Bulls are planning to spoil the Heat's championship celebration right after LeBron James and company receive their second championship ring on opening night.
"I don't think anybody wants to watch that on our team so we won't pay too much attention to it," Butler said. "They deserved it. They won a championship, definitely, but they got to deal with the Chicago Bulls for 48 minutes coming out right after that, they get their rings."
Butler is expected to start in his third season with the Bulls, giving the ball club a guard with the ability to create his own shot and knock down baskets from the perimeter consistently.
Moreover, Butler's development will give the Bulls another go-to-guy alongside Rose in the backcourt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements