Jimmy Butler Thinks Chicago Bulls Pose Threat To Miami Heat’s ‘Three-Peat’ Dreams
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 2, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler said his team would not allow the Miami Heat to win their third straight championships, claiming they are going to give the defending champs a tough battle when the two Eastern Conference powerhouses opened their regular-season on Oct 29.
Butler, who averaged 13.3 points and 5.2 rebounds last season, believes the Bulls will be a real threat to the Heat's three-peat aspirations, especially when All-Star point guard and former MVP Derrick Rose returns from a year-long knee rehabilitation.
"That rivalry, it's crazy," Butler told Nick Friedell of ESPN via Real GM. "They're the back-to-back champions and when you think three-peat, you think Chicago so we can't let that happen."
The 27-year-old Butler said the Bulls are planning to spoil the Heat's championship celebration right after LeBron James and company receive their second championship ring on opening night.
"I don't think anybody wants to watch that on our team so we won't pay too much attention to it," Butler said. "They deserved it. They won a championship, definitely, but they got to deal with the Chicago Bulls for 48 minutes coming out right after that, they get their rings."
Butler is expected to start in his third season with the Bulls, giving the ball club a guard with the ability to create his own shot and knock down baskets from the perimeter consistently.
Moreover, Butler's development will give the Bulls another go-to-guy alongside Rose in the backcourt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier