How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | August 2, 2013 1:42 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been kicked out from the list of devices getting Android 4.2.2 due to Samsung's intention to give it Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Since the company is still busy stabilising the firmware, CyanogenMod developers released an unofficial build to owners who want Android 4.3 version.
Android 4.3 CM10.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Developer pulser_g2 together with xplodwild brings us the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 2. It includes the following new features:
- Permission Manager
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Improved Dial Pad
- Better Linux kernel
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Restricted profiles in user account
- TRIM feature
- Theme engine
- New focal camera application
Warning: This is a custom ROM which can damage your device if installed improperly. CM10.2 is still in early stages which may consist of bugs. Developers and sources are not liable for any damages which may happen on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent bricking or causing error on your Galaxy Note 2. Do this at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 on your computer. Download the drivers here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging mode."
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on the Galaxy Note 2 assuming the device is already rooted.
1. Connect the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the CM10.2 ROM and the Google Apps package then paste it to the SD card of your Galaxy Note 2 . Do not extract any zip file.
3. Disconnect the device from your computer and switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys together. Release all buttons once the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime by choosing "restore" in the recovery mode.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Now go back to the main menu then select "advance > wipe Dalvik cache."
8. After the full wipe, select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the CM10.2 firmware you have copied earlier then confirm its installation. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
9. Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
10. Your Galaxy Note 2 will reboot and it may take at least 5 minutes before reaching the home screen due to the "first time" running the ROM.
Congratulations! Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CM10.2 is running your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Enjoy all the brand new features and customisation offered by the unofficial custom ROM.
For any questions, comments or upgrade from earlier CyanogenMod custom ROM, check out Android Jinn Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]