How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | August 2, 2013 1:42 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been kicked out from the list of devices getting Android 4.2.2 due to Samsung's intention to give it Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Since the company is still busy stabilising the firmware, CyanogenMod developers released an unofficial build to owners who want Android 4.3 version.
Android 4.3 CM10.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Developer pulser_g2 together with xplodwild brings us the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 2. It includes the following new features:
- Permission Manager
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Improved Dial Pad
- Better Linux kernel
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Restricted profiles in user account
- TRIM feature
- Theme engine
- New focal camera application
Warning: This is a custom ROM which can damage your device if installed improperly. CM10.2 is still in early stages which may consist of bugs. Developers and sources are not liable for any damages which may happen on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent bricking or causing error on your Galaxy Note 2. Do this at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 on your computer. Download the drivers here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging mode."
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on the Galaxy Note 2 assuming the device is already rooted.
1. Connect the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the CM10.2 ROM and the Google Apps package then paste it to the SD card of your Galaxy Note 2 . Do not extract any zip file.
3. Disconnect the device from your computer and switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys together. Release all buttons once the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime by choosing "restore" in the recovery mode.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Now go back to the main menu then select "advance > wipe Dalvik cache."
8. After the full wipe, select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the CM10.2 firmware you have copied earlier then confirm its installation. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
9. Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
10. Your Galaxy Note 2 will reboot and it may take at least 5 minutes before reaching the home screen due to the "first time" running the ROM.
Congratulations! Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CM10.2 is running your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Enjoy all the brand new features and customisation offered by the unofficial custom ROM.
For any questions, comments or upgrade from earlier CyanogenMod custom ROM, check out Android Jinn Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James