How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | August 2, 2013 1:42 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been kicked out from the list of devices getting Android 4.2.2 due to Samsung's intention to give it Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Since the company is still busy stabilising the firmware, CyanogenMod developers released an unofficial build to owners who want Android 4.3 version.
Android 4.3 CM10.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Developer pulser_g2 together with xplodwild brings us the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 2. It includes the following new features:
- Permission Manager
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Improved Dial Pad
- Better Linux kernel
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Restricted profiles in user account
- TRIM feature
- Theme engine
- New focal camera application
Warning: This is a custom ROM which can damage your device if installed improperly. CM10.2 is still in early stages which may consist of bugs. Developers and sources are not liable for any damages which may happen on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent bricking or causing error on your Galaxy Note 2. Do this at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 on your computer. Download the drivers here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging mode."
- Install a ClockworkMod recovery on the Galaxy Note 2 assuming the device is already rooted.
1. Connect the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the CM10.2 ROM and the Google Apps package then paste it to the SD card of your Galaxy Note 2 . Do not extract any zip file.
3. Disconnect the device from your computer and switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, power and home keys together. Release all buttons once the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime by choosing "restore" in the recovery mode.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Now go back to the main menu then select "advance > wipe Dalvik cache."
8. After the full wipe, select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the CM10.2 firmware you have copied earlier then confirm its installation. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
9. Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
10. Your Galaxy Note 2 will reboot and it may take at least 5 minutes before reaching the home screen due to the "first time" running the ROM.
Congratulations! Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CM10.2 is running your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Enjoy all the brand new features and customisation offered by the unofficial custom ROM.
For any questions, comments or upgrade from earlier CyanogenMod custom ROM, check out Android Jinn Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged