German Baby Weighs 5lbs More than Prince George of Cambridge
By Jacob Cherian | August 2, 2013 1:41 PM EST
A 13.47-pound baby girl was born in Germany and she now holds the title of ‘heaviest baby born.’
The Prince of Cambridge weighed in at more than 8lbs, he was still bigger than his father Prince William or his grandfather, Prince Charles in terms of birth weight. Not bad for a modern day monarch
But baby Jasleen is in a whole new rank of her own, weighing nearly twice as much as Prince George.
Both the Prince and Jasleen, however, were born via natural birth. And parenting skills for parents is likely to be the same - breastfeeding, changing diapers, the whole nine yards until they are self-reliant.
The New York Daily News reported that Jasleen was delivered without the help of a C-section. So was Prince Alexander George Louis.
Babies born with a birth weight higher than 8 lbs 13 ounces is called fetal macrosomia, say reports, with the condition being common to mothers who are overweight or diabetic. Fortunately, Kate Middleton and the Prince William duke of cambridge have had more medical care and checkup, so they are probably healthier than most parents.
According to the German paper Das Spiegel, Jasleen’s doctors say that her size is attributed to gestational diabetes, which was undiagnosed in the mother.
Until Jasleen was born, Germany’s heaviest baby was Jihad born in November 2011, who weighed 13 lbs. This year saw the birth of another heavyweight, weighing in at more than 15lbs. He was born to a British couple and was delivered by natural childbirth.
With so many babies weighing in as ‘heavy babies’, the Guiness Book says the largest baby was 23lbs born to Ann Bates in 1879. Though Jasleen is not about to skip that scale, she has come close.
Both Jasleen and her mother are reportedly doing well, reports The Huffington Post.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Tips On How To Find A Good Pediatrician For Your Kids
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Shares A Recipe For A Prenatal Power Breakfast Smoothie
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide