‘Chennai Express’ Music Composers Upset With Shah Rukh Khan over 'Lungi Dance' Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 1, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Music directors of "Chennai Express" - the Vishal-Shekhar duo, is reportedly upset with Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the "Lungi Dance" song of the film.
According to reports, Vishal and Shekhar were not happy with Singh lending his voice for a song, and as a result they have refrained from promoting "Lungi Dance", which has already become a sensation.
Rumours of the clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after a section of the media had reported that the actor was not happy with several tracks of "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This rumours were soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional track of "Chennai Express". This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Vishal had also brushed off the rumours and told The Hindustan Times, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false. If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."
But contrary to the music composers' claim, the official video of the "Lungi Dance", a tribute to superstar Rajininikanth, was released on 29 July. Both Shah Rukh and Deepika are seen grooving to the track sung by Singh. This has ended in a tiff between the actor and the composers, who are now missing from the promotions of the film.
"Chennai Express", which reunites Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone on screen after a gap of six years, is co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan, Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur. The film will hit theatres on 9 August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales