‘Chennai Express’ Music Composers Upset With Shah Rukh Khan over 'Lungi Dance' Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 1, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Music directors of "Chennai Express" - the Vishal-Shekhar duo, is reportedly upset with Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the "Lungi Dance" song of the film.
According to reports, Vishal and Shekhar were not happy with Singh lending his voice for a song, and as a result they have refrained from promoting "Lungi Dance", which has already become a sensation.
Rumours of the clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after a section of the media had reported that the actor was not happy with several tracks of "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This rumours were soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional track of "Chennai Express". This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Vishal had also brushed off the rumours and told The Hindustan Times, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false. If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."
But contrary to the music composers' claim, the official video of the "Lungi Dance", a tribute to superstar Rajininikanth, was released on 29 July. Both Shah Rukh and Deepika are seen grooving to the track sung by Singh. This has ended in a tiff between the actor and the composers, who are now missing from the promotions of the film.
"Chennai Express", which reunites Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone on screen after a gap of six years, is co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan, Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur. The film will hit theatres on 9 August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff