‘Chennai Express’ Music Composers Upset With Shah Rukh Khan over 'Lungi Dance' Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 1, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Music directors of "Chennai Express" - the Vishal-Shekhar duo, is reportedly upset with Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the "Lungi Dance" song of the film.
According to reports, Vishal and Shekhar were not happy with Singh lending his voice for a song, and as a result they have refrained from promoting "Lungi Dance", which has already become a sensation.
Rumours of the clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after a section of the media had reported that the actor was not happy with several tracks of "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This rumours were soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional track of "Chennai Express". This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Vishal had also brushed off the rumours and told The Hindustan Times, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false. If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."
But contrary to the music composers' claim, the official video of the "Lungi Dance", a tribute to superstar Rajininikanth, was released on 29 July. Both Shah Rukh and Deepika are seen grooving to the track sung by Singh. This has ended in a tiff between the actor and the composers, who are now missing from the promotions of the film.
"Chennai Express", which reunites Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone on screen after a gap of six years, is co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan, Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur. The film will hit theatres on 9 August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]