‘Chennai Express’ Music Composers Upset With Shah Rukh Khan over 'Lungi Dance' Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 1, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Music directors of "Chennai Express" - the Vishal-Shekhar duo, is reportedly upset with Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the "Lungi Dance" song of the film.
According to reports, Vishal and Shekhar were not happy with Singh lending his voice for a song, and as a result they have refrained from promoting "Lungi Dance", which has already become a sensation.
Rumours of the clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after a section of the media had reported that the actor was not happy with several tracks of "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This rumours were soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional track of "Chennai Express". This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Vishal had also brushed off the rumours and told The Hindustan Times, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false. If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."
But contrary to the music composers' claim, the official video of the "Lungi Dance", a tribute to superstar Rajininikanth, was released on 29 July. Both Shah Rukh and Deepika are seen grooving to the track sung by Singh. This has ended in a tiff between the actor and the composers, who are now missing from the promotions of the film.
"Chennai Express", which reunites Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone on screen after a gap of six years, is co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan, Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur. The film will hit theatres on 9 August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage