‘Chennai Express’ Music Composers Upset With Shah Rukh Khan over 'Lungi Dance' Song?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 1, 2013 10:51 PM EST
Music directors of "Chennai Express" - the Vishal-Shekhar duo, is reportedly upset with Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty for roping in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for the "Lungi Dance" song of the film.
According to reports, Vishal and Shekhar were not happy with Singh lending his voice for a song, and as a result they have refrained from promoting "Lungi Dance", which has already become a sensation.
Rumours of the clash between Shah Rukh and Vishal-Shekhar came soon after a section of the media had reported that the actor was not happy with several tracks of "Chennai Express". But the music composers brushed off the rumours saying, "When a film comes, all kind of news comes out, people talk things you don't know. Rohit Shetty and Shah Rukh Khan are happy with it."
This rumours were soon followed by reports that Shah Rukh had roped in rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh for a promotional track of "Chennai Express". This was denied by Vishal Dadlani who claimed that Singh was not rendering any song for the film and was trying ride on Shah Rukh Khan's fame.
"It's hilarious and pathetic, how desperately this tacky rap-rapper is trying to ride on the fame of @iamsrk and #ChennaiExpress. Poor guy," Vishal Dadlani had tweeted.
Vishal had also brushed off the rumours and told The Hindustan Times, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false. If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."
But contrary to the music composers' claim, the official video of the "Lungi Dance", a tribute to superstar Rajininikanth, was released on 29 July. Both Shah Rukh and Deepika are seen grooving to the track sung by Singh. This has ended in a tiff between the actor and the composers, who are now missing from the promotions of the film.
"Chennai Express", which reunites Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone on screen after a gap of six years, is co-produced by Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan, Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur. The film will hit theatres on 9 August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date