Mercedes Tribute to Heath Ledger: Why So Serious? Says the Joker on the Hood
By Rima Pundir | July 31, 2013 5:10 PM EST
The Joker - a character played by many actors in many of the Batman films but none so fine as Health Ledger's posthumously released "The Dark Knight". He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the same in 2008, given posthumously. And in yet another tribute, there's a Mercedes-Benz R-Class that has hooded the villain to immortality. Fans of Heath will find this especially touching if they also happen to be in love with a Mercedez.
The wrapping shows the joker on the hood of the R-class with the text 'Why so serious?' -the text is also repeated at the rear of the car. The theme of Dark Knight has also been used for other part of the vehicle and the makeover has been done by Russia-based Re-Styling.
The side panels of the car show a gradual spattering of white to black - a white hood that goes off to a black rear with batman silhouettes. This is one car Heath and Mercedes fanatics would not want to miss - to see, drive or own! With the joker on the hood, batman on the side and the 'Why so serious?' text on the rear - Mercedes-Benz R-Class may be on its way out - but it paid a fitting tribute to one of the saddest losses of Hollywood in the recent past.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report