Robsten Twiangle Saga: Katy Perry Vows to “Never Disrespect” Robert Pattinson’s Ex, Kristen Stewart
By Floyd Allen | July 31, 2013 1:28 PM EST
After Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart broke up in May 2013, Katy Perry was caught in between the former Twilight lovers when she decided she’s Team Rob. Rumours went flying that Katy was romantically involved with the Britain-born hunk when they were spotted crashing to a wedding rehearsal in Sta. Barbara, California just weeks after the much-talked about celebrity split.
But in a recent interview for Elle UK magazine, John Meyer’s girlfriend reveals she had reached out to K-Stew to come clean and assure the Speak star that she would “never disrespect her.”
"I sent her a text message saying: 'I know you've seen all this stuff but you know I would never disrespect you. I'm not that person,” Katy said in an interview for September issue of ELLE UK, according to People Magazine.
The “California Gurls” singer went on by saying that she was just wanted to be a friend to the Cosmopolis star.
Katy added, “I'm just trying to be a friend to him.”
What Katy failed to mention in the interview (or what Elle magazine must have failed to ask her) was why she chose Rob over Kristen when the two called it quits for the second time. But as earlier reported by this reporter, Rob and Katy have been friends since 2006 and the English singer had allegedly disapproved of Robsten reunion in the first place. It will be recalled that Rob and Kristen broke up in July 2012, when a series of photo of Kristen in the arms of a film director was published by Us Magazine, and this had angered Rob beyond repair.
But love prevailed that three months after, the British actor was seen kissing Kristen in the actress’s home in Los Feliz in October 2013. Katy allegedly did not like it one bit. Katy reportedly thought that the reconciliation was doomed to fail.
“Katy never really supported Rob's decision to get back with Kristen. She always said they wouldn't last,” an identified insider said in an interview with Life & Style magazine, as noted in a separate report by IBTimes-AU.
The source added that Katy has always felt “Rob deserves better”
The source added, “Katy told Rob she didn't think their relationship could withstand the cheating scandal. And he deserved better than someone who would destroy a family.”
Katy and Rob were also seen attending concerts after the split. The rumours that they are romantically involved only died down when Katy rekindled romance with John Meyer. Giving her take why there were rumours linking her to Rob, Katy has the answer: “it is unfortunate that I do have a set of t––s.' "
The singer also pointed out that the kind of men she went for are the type she described as “challenging.” Like the -John-Meyer-kind?
"The men I have gone for are challenging, yes, but they're also wildly intelligent and poetic," noted Katy.
Was Rob not challenging enough? She didn’t say. But the girl sure knows what she wants.
Kate said, "I'm not interested in taming anyone – I'm pretty wild myself."
Katy’s fourth studio album titled, Prism, is set to be released on Oct 22, 2013. She appears on the cover for ELLE UK for its September issue.
Don’t MISS! You Might Also Like to READ:
Kristen Stewart’s Ex, Robert Pattinson, Steps Out with Australian Singer, Sia Furler Who Exposes Ample Twins in Sheer Top [NEW PHOTOS] Full article here.
Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart Break-Up Saga: The Mystery Brunette ‘Maps to the Stars’ Actor Kissed in Canada Revealed! [PHOTOS] Full article here.
‘Maps to the Stars’ 2014: Kristen Stewart’s Ex, Robert Pattinson, a Picture of Happiness and Dashing Debonair on Set of New Film [NEW PHOTOS] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report