iPhone 6 Release Date Rumour Back on Labor Day
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 31, 2013 10:04 AM EST
The iPhone 6 release date rumour jumped back to U.S. Labor Day.
Some sources said that the iPhone 6 release date may be on Labor Day, which is on September 2. This was due to the claims that the official version of the iOS 7 will be ready for launch by that time.
The iPhone 6 release date will be either in the late summer or early fall. Apple usually sends out invitations a week ahead of a media event that is scheduled for a Tuesday or Wednesday. Online iPhone 6 pre-orders will begin on the same day, and the retail iPhone 6 release date will be set for a Friday. The downloadable version of iOS 7 for existing iPads and iPhones will be posted a few days before or after.
However, other reports claimed that the iPhone 6 release date will happen on Sep 6.
"The next-generation iPhone will be according to our information on 6 September come on the market... 'Two new types of devices' to be available - and thus are not two different colour variations or memory meant," according to German tech blog iFun, which cited a very credible source.
Rumour has it that Apple's iPhone 6 on release date will show off a powerful by A7 quad core processor, which was claimed to be faster than the previous processor. The processor will be paired with iOS 7 operating system, which is packed with new and better features.
Apple may have planned to bump the storage capacity of its smartphones. The iPhone 6 was said to be coming in 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants.
Concept images claimed that the iPhone 6 will be packed with security features. It was reported that Apple is planning to include a fingerprint sensor in its devices for added security. Moreover, a new approved patent from Apple will enable users to operate their devices with mere scratches or tap gesturing.
The patent discussed acoustic input devices and basically meant that iOS devices could also be used with sound inputs that would be transmitted via the casing that would then correspond with certain functions.
Lastly, a new concept of the iPhone was making the rounds, showing the device was capable of wireless charging. One of the most common complaints with Apple devices like the iPhone was the fast depleting battery. However, with wireless charging, users will enjoy longer battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015