iPhone 6 Release Date Rumour Back on Labor Day
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 31, 2013 10:04 AM EST
The iPhone 6 release date rumour jumped back to U.S. Labor Day.
Some sources said that the iPhone 6 release date may be on Labor Day, which is on September 2. This was due to the claims that the official version of the iOS 7 will be ready for launch by that time.
The iPhone 6 release date will be either in the late summer or early fall. Apple usually sends out invitations a week ahead of a media event that is scheduled for a Tuesday or Wednesday. Online iPhone 6 pre-orders will begin on the same day, and the retail iPhone 6 release date will be set for a Friday. The downloadable version of iOS 7 for existing iPads and iPhones will be posted a few days before or after.
However, other reports claimed that the iPhone 6 release date will happen on Sep 6.
"The next-generation iPhone will be according to our information on 6 September come on the market... 'Two new types of devices' to be available - and thus are not two different colour variations or memory meant," according to German tech blog iFun, which cited a very credible source.
Rumour has it that Apple's iPhone 6 on release date will show off a powerful by A7 quad core processor, which was claimed to be faster than the previous processor. The processor will be paired with iOS 7 operating system, which is packed with new and better features.
Apple may have planned to bump the storage capacity of its smartphones. The iPhone 6 was said to be coming in 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants.
Concept images claimed that the iPhone 6 will be packed with security features. It was reported that Apple is planning to include a fingerprint sensor in its devices for added security. Moreover, a new approved patent from Apple will enable users to operate their devices with mere scratches or tap gesturing.
The patent discussed acoustic input devices and basically meant that iOS devices could also be used with sound inputs that would be transmitted via the casing that would then correspond with certain functions.
Lastly, a new concept of the iPhone was making the rounds, showing the device was capable of wireless charging. One of the most common complaints with Apple devices like the iPhone was the fast depleting battery. However, with wireless charging, users will enjoy longer battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family