Killer Mum: I Bashed My Daughter With A Vacuum Cleaner Pole
By Rima Pundir | July 30, 2013 3:27 PM EST
The statistics are grim and getting darker by the day - parents unable to cope with their children and sometime unfit to parents to begin with - are turning to murdering their children. Sometimes it's a fit of anger, sometime it's just exhaustion and sometime it's a chilling plan.
In this Cairn's mother case, it was perhaps one of the more gory forms of parental torture and abuse. Her 8-year-old daughter was found dead in a unit in Cairns in November 2011 under suspicious circumstances. The then 27-year-old mother and a 22-year-old man believed to be in a relationship with her were questioned and formally charged.
The woman was initially charged with two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm whilst armed and one count of torture while the man was charged with one count of cruelty to a child under 16 years. In august of 2012, the charges were upped to manslaughter against the man and murder against the woman.
Yesterday at the Queensland courts, the woman confessed to bashing her daughter over the head with a vacuum pole over a period of a year. A murder charge against the 28-year-old was downgraded after she admitted in court today to manslaughter and two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm while armed. It is not clear why she did it.
Baby "Moses" finds a family, and his mother: In a happy twist of events though, the mother of abandoned baby "Moses" was found and there will be no charges filed against her. The family on whose doorstep the baby was left at is in turn more than eager to take in the child and raise him as their own considering the mother's financial and metal status. Both mother and child are in good health and it took time to trace her because the baby was born at home and not as a hospital.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination