Killer Mum: I Bashed My Daughter With A Vacuum Cleaner Pole
By Rima Pundir | July 30, 2013 3:27 PM EST
The statistics are grim and getting darker by the day - parents unable to cope with their children and sometime unfit to parents to begin with - are turning to murdering their children. Sometimes it's a fit of anger, sometime it's just exhaustion and sometime it's a chilling plan.
In this Cairn's mother case, it was perhaps one of the more gory forms of parental torture and abuse. Her 8-year-old daughter was found dead in a unit in Cairns in November 2011 under suspicious circumstances. The then 27-year-old mother and a 22-year-old man believed to be in a relationship with her were questioned and formally charged.
The woman was initially charged with two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm whilst armed and one count of torture while the man was charged with one count of cruelty to a child under 16 years. In august of 2012, the charges were upped to manslaughter against the man and murder against the woman.
Yesterday at the Queensland courts, the woman confessed to bashing her daughter over the head with a vacuum pole over a period of a year. A murder charge against the 28-year-old was downgraded after she admitted in court today to manslaughter and two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm while armed. It is not clear why she did it.
Baby "Moses" finds a family, and his mother: In a happy twist of events though, the mother of abandoned baby "Moses" was found and there will be no charges filed against her. The family on whose doorstep the baby was left at is in turn more than eager to take in the child and raise him as their own considering the mother's financial and metal status. Both mother and child are in good health and it took time to trace her because the baby was born at home and not as a hospital.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]