Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 No-Show: Apple Ends Evad3rs Pre-iOS 7 Chapter?
By Arlene Paredes | July 30, 2013 8:40 AM EST
Evasi0n jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 is still a no-show. Those who would not tweak their iPhone, iPod or iPad with other jailbreaking utilities are getting worried. Has Apple successfully ended the evad3rs team in preparation for a non-jailbreakable iOS 7?
Evad3r @planetbeing had spoken for the team months ago: There will be no iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak. He said evasi0n will wait for the next major update (iOS 7). iOS 6.1.4 came to the iPhone 5, but still no jailbreak. It does not seem that the evad3rs group are gone. The hackers have merely laid out a plan, and so far, they are sticking to it.
Even as nearly 4 thousand online signatures have been gathered for an evasi0n iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 jailbreak petition, the evad3rs are not moved under pressure.
But will there really be an iOS 7 jailbreak? What can be told from the Twitter accounts of the evad3rs is that the group is busy doing all sorts of stuff. No one seems to have any time to develop an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak. But they don't believe jailbreaking Apple devices is over. (See related news below.) Some of them, however, are quite disappointed with iOS 7. The new OS design does not speak to them, and the system is too unstable, too. But exploits have been found.
Asked when the evasi0n would release an iOS 7 jailbreak, @pod2g said: "No idea." But he quickly followed it by stating the fact that the new Apple OS has yet to be rolled out. That was not a negative answer, hinting the evad3rs are likely to release a jailbreak again.
As for evasi0n iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak hopefuls, the outlook is not nearly good. Better wait for a couple more months. After all, the rumoured releases of a new iPhone and a new iPad could mean the imminent rollout of iOS 7. Then the evad3rs can talk jailbreak again.
More evasi0n iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak Features:
Evasi0n 6.1.3 Jailbreak Hopeless Despite Petition? Evad3rs Focus on iOS 7 Testing [READ]
Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak (Update): New Apple OS 'More Stable' on iPhone 4S, Beta 3 Testing Continues [READ]
No iPhone 6.1.4, 6.1.3 Evasi0n Jailbreak? iOS 7 Has Been Jailbroken! (Or At Least It Seems So) [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight