Salman Khan, Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Akshay and Other Bollywood Actors in ₹100-crore Club
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 29, 2013 6:52 PM EST
The elite ₹100-crore club seems to have become an easy target for Bollywood stars. So far, 20 films have crossed the ₹100-crore mark at the domestic box office.
Aamir Khan's "3 Idiots" tops the list earning a lifetime amount of ₹202.47 crore from Indian markets. In fact, it is the only Bollywood film to have crossed the ₹200-crore mark at the domestic box office. Salman Khan's "Ek Tha tiger" (₹198.78 crore) takes the second spot followed by Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) in the third place.
Aamir's film may have topped the list, but it is Salman who rules the ₹100-crore club. Apart from "Ek Tha Tiger", four of his films including "Dabangg 2" (₹155.00 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹148.86 crore), "Dabangg" (₹138.88 crore) and "Ready" (₹119.78 crore) have hit the century mark, according to Bollywoodhungama.com.
Take a look at other actors who have made it to the ₹100-crore club:
Ajay Devgn takes the second spot for having four of his films - "Golmaal 3" (₹106.34 crore), "Son Of Sardaar" (₹105.03 crore), "Bol Bachchan" (₹102.94 crore) and "Singham" (₹100.30 crore), in the ₹100-crore club. The actor's recently-released "Himmatwala", which was panned by critics, has fetched a lifetime amount of just ₹47.45 crore at the domestic box office.
Three of Shah Rukh's films made it to the list. They are "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (₹120.85 crore), "Ra.One" (₹114.29 crore) and "Don 2" (₹106.71 crore).
His most-awaited film "Chennai Express" is all set to hit theatres on 9 August. The film will have a solo big release and will be shown in more than 3,000 screens worldwide. Whether it will make it to the ₹100-crore club is something we need to wait and watch out for.
Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor are tied in the fourth spot, as they each have two films in the ₹100-crore club.
Aamir Khan: "3 Idiots" (₹202.47 crore) and "Ghajini" (₹114.00 crore)
Akshay Kumar: "Rowdy Rathore" (₹133.25 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
John Abraham: "Race 2" (₹100.45 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
Ranbir Kapoor: "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) and "Barfi!" (₹112.15 crore)
Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and Abhishek Bachchan each have one film in the elite club.
Hrithik's "Agneepath" earned a sum of ₹115 crore, whereas Saif's "Race 2" fetched ₹100.45 crore. Abhishek's "Bol Bachchan" raked in ₹102.94 crore from Indian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight