Salman Khan, Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Akshay and Other Bollywood Actors in ₹100-crore Club
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 29, 2013 6:52 PM EST
The elite ₹100-crore club seems to have become an easy target for Bollywood stars. So far, 20 films have crossed the ₹100-crore mark at the domestic box office.
Aamir Khan's "3 Idiots" tops the list earning a lifetime amount of ₹202.47 crore from Indian markets. In fact, it is the only Bollywood film to have crossed the ₹200-crore mark at the domestic box office. Salman Khan's "Ek Tha tiger" (₹198.78 crore) takes the second spot followed by Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) in the third place.
Aamir's film may have topped the list, but it is Salman who rules the ₹100-crore club. Apart from "Ek Tha Tiger", four of his films including "Dabangg 2" (₹155.00 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹148.86 crore), "Dabangg" (₹138.88 crore) and "Ready" (₹119.78 crore) have hit the century mark, according to Bollywoodhungama.com.
Take a look at other actors who have made it to the ₹100-crore club:
Ajay Devgn takes the second spot for having four of his films - "Golmaal 3" (₹106.34 crore), "Son Of Sardaar" (₹105.03 crore), "Bol Bachchan" (₹102.94 crore) and "Singham" (₹100.30 crore), in the ₹100-crore club. The actor's recently-released "Himmatwala", which was panned by critics, has fetched a lifetime amount of just ₹47.45 crore at the domestic box office.
Three of Shah Rukh's films made it to the list. They are "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (₹120.85 crore), "Ra.One" (₹114.29 crore) and "Don 2" (₹106.71 crore).
His most-awaited film "Chennai Express" is all set to hit theatres on 9 August. The film will have a solo big release and will be shown in more than 3,000 screens worldwide. Whether it will make it to the ₹100-crore club is something we need to wait and watch out for.
Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor are tied in the fourth spot, as they each have two films in the ₹100-crore club.
Aamir Khan: "3 Idiots" (₹202.47 crore) and "Ghajini" (₹114.00 crore)
Akshay Kumar: "Rowdy Rathore" (₹133.25 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
John Abraham: "Race 2" (₹100.45 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
Ranbir Kapoor: "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) and "Barfi!" (₹112.15 crore)
Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and Abhishek Bachchan each have one film in the elite club.
Hrithik's "Agneepath" earned a sum of ₹115 crore, whereas Saif's "Race 2" fetched ₹100.45 crore. Abhishek's "Bol Bachchan" raked in ₹102.94 crore from Indian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales