Salman Khan, Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Akshay and Other Bollywood Actors in ₹100-crore Club
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 29, 2013 6:52 PM EST
The elite ₹100-crore club seems to have become an easy target for Bollywood stars. So far, 20 films have crossed the ₹100-crore mark at the domestic box office.
Aamir Khan's "3 Idiots" tops the list earning a lifetime amount of ₹202.47 crore from Indian markets. In fact, it is the only Bollywood film to have crossed the ₹200-crore mark at the domestic box office. Salman Khan's "Ek Tha tiger" (₹198.78 crore) takes the second spot followed by Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) in the third place.
Aamir's film may have topped the list, but it is Salman who rules the ₹100-crore club. Apart from "Ek Tha Tiger", four of his films including "Dabangg 2" (₹155.00 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹148.86 crore), "Dabangg" (₹138.88 crore) and "Ready" (₹119.78 crore) have hit the century mark, according to Bollywoodhungama.com.
Take a look at other actors who have made it to the ₹100-crore club:
Ajay Devgn takes the second spot for having four of his films - "Golmaal 3" (₹106.34 crore), "Son Of Sardaar" (₹105.03 crore), "Bol Bachchan" (₹102.94 crore) and "Singham" (₹100.30 crore), in the ₹100-crore club. The actor's recently-released "Himmatwala", which was panned by critics, has fetched a lifetime amount of just ₹47.45 crore at the domestic box office.
Three of Shah Rukh's films made it to the list. They are "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (₹120.85 crore), "Ra.One" (₹114.29 crore) and "Don 2" (₹106.71 crore).
His most-awaited film "Chennai Express" is all set to hit theatres on 9 August. The film will have a solo big release and will be shown in more than 3,000 screens worldwide. Whether it will make it to the ₹100-crore club is something we need to wait and watch out for.
Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor are tied in the fourth spot, as they each have two films in the ₹100-crore club.
Aamir Khan: "3 Idiots" (₹202.47 crore) and "Ghajini" (₹114.00 crore)
Akshay Kumar: "Rowdy Rathore" (₹133.25 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
John Abraham: "Race 2" (₹100.45 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
Ranbir Kapoor: "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) and "Barfi!" (₹112.15 crore)
Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and Abhishek Bachchan each have one film in the elite club.
Hrithik's "Agneepath" earned a sum of ₹115 crore, whereas Saif's "Race 2" fetched ₹100.45 crore. Abhishek's "Bol Bachchan" raked in ₹102.94 crore from Indian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier