Salman Khan, Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Akshay and Other Bollywood Actors in ₹100-crore Club
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 29, 2013 6:52 PM EST
The elite ₹100-crore club seems to have become an easy target for Bollywood stars. So far, 20 films have crossed the ₹100-crore mark at the domestic box office.
Aamir Khan's "3 Idiots" tops the list earning a lifetime amount of ₹202.47 crore from Indian markets. In fact, it is the only Bollywood film to have crossed the ₹200-crore mark at the domestic box office. Salman Khan's "Ek Tha tiger" (₹198.78 crore) takes the second spot followed by Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) in the third place.
Aamir's film may have topped the list, but it is Salman who rules the ₹100-crore club. Apart from "Ek Tha Tiger", four of his films including "Dabangg 2" (₹155.00 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹148.86 crore), "Dabangg" (₹138.88 crore) and "Ready" (₹119.78 crore) have hit the century mark, according to Bollywoodhungama.com.
Take a look at other actors who have made it to the ₹100-crore club:
Ajay Devgn takes the second spot for having four of his films - "Golmaal 3" (₹106.34 crore), "Son Of Sardaar" (₹105.03 crore), "Bol Bachchan" (₹102.94 crore) and "Singham" (₹100.30 crore), in the ₹100-crore club. The actor's recently-released "Himmatwala", which was panned by critics, has fetched a lifetime amount of just ₹47.45 crore at the domestic box office.
Three of Shah Rukh's films made it to the list. They are "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (₹120.85 crore), "Ra.One" (₹114.29 crore) and "Don 2" (₹106.71 crore).
His most-awaited film "Chennai Express" is all set to hit theatres on 9 August. The film will have a solo big release and will be shown in more than 3,000 screens worldwide. Whether it will make it to the ₹100-crore club is something we need to wait and watch out for.
Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor are tied in the fourth spot, as they each have two films in the ₹100-crore club.
Aamir Khan: "3 Idiots" (₹202.47 crore) and "Ghajini" (₹114.00 crore)
Akshay Kumar: "Rowdy Rathore" (₹133.25 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
John Abraham: "Race 2" (₹100.45 crore) and "Housefull 2" (₹106.00 crore)
Ranbir Kapoor: "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹188.57 crore and still running in theatres) and "Barfi!" (₹112.15 crore)
Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and Abhishek Bachchan each have one film in the elite club.
Hrithik's "Agneepath" earned a sum of ₹115 crore, whereas Saif's "Race 2" fetched ₹100.45 crore. Abhishek's "Bol Bachchan" raked in ₹102.94 crore from Indian markets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation