Sony Xperia Z Ultra Becomes Official, Z Ultra Also Runs on Snapdragon 800 Challenges Google Nexus 7
By Precious Silva | July 29, 2013 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra becomes the latest Android beast to hit the market. The tech giant has made their phablet official. Sony Xperia Togari features 6.4 inch wide touch screen display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
The smartphone offers a hybrid between a mobile device and a tablet. As mentioned, it features 6.4 inches of screen. Sony included an Ultra Triluminous display offering 1080p resolution. The pixel desnity is at 334 ppi.
The display stands as one of Sony's competitive edge. Through the company's latest technologies, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with the X-Reality and OptiContrast features. The X-Reality function is the next installment of the Sony Bravia graphics mechanism. Previously, many praised the Bravia engne for offering for providing one of the best display options on the market.
According to Sony, the size of the screen provides 60% more playing surface. This allows users to use the smartphone in a much comfortable way. Users can choose from manually operating the screen with a pencil/pen or they can also go with capacitive stylus.
The official phablet from Sony runs on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 featuring Adreno 330 GPU. The CPU includes a quad core Krait 400 clocked at 2.2 GHz. This makes the Sony Xperia Z Ultra the first smartphone officially released with the Snapdragon 800. Other devices offered running on this processor come in tablet format.
With Snapdragon on board, Sony could be king in terms of mobile and computing performance, analysts say.
The new Xperia features Android 4.2.2 configured to Sony's interface. The device has an 8MP Exmor-RS camera. It can shoot full HD 1080 videos. Sony has included a support for hard disk recorder or HDR. The design of the product is just as excellent. It has a slim design, only 6.5 mm. It consists of tempered glass back panel along with a reinforced metal frame by the sides. Sony also got an IP58 certification similar to the Sony Xperia ZR This means the product still functions even submerged under water for a period.
The new Sony Xperia Z Ultra will hit stores in the United States through T-Mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan