Sony Xperia Z Ultra Becomes Official, Z Ultra Also Runs on Snapdragon 800 Challenges Google Nexus 7
By Precious Silva | July 29, 2013 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra becomes the latest Android beast to hit the market. The tech giant has made their phablet official. Sony Xperia Togari features 6.4 inch wide touch screen display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
The smartphone offers a hybrid between a mobile device and a tablet. As mentioned, it features 6.4 inches of screen. Sony included an Ultra Triluminous display offering 1080p resolution. The pixel desnity is at 334 ppi.
The display stands as one of Sony's competitive edge. Through the company's latest technologies, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with the X-Reality and OptiContrast features. The X-Reality function is the next installment of the Sony Bravia graphics mechanism. Previously, many praised the Bravia engne for offering for providing one of the best display options on the market.
According to Sony, the size of the screen provides 60% more playing surface. This allows users to use the smartphone in a much comfortable way. Users can choose from manually operating the screen with a pencil/pen or they can also go with capacitive stylus.
The official phablet from Sony runs on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 featuring Adreno 330 GPU. The CPU includes a quad core Krait 400 clocked at 2.2 GHz. This makes the Sony Xperia Z Ultra the first smartphone officially released with the Snapdragon 800. Other devices offered running on this processor come in tablet format.
With Snapdragon on board, Sony could be king in terms of mobile and computing performance, analysts say.
The new Xperia features Android 4.2.2 configured to Sony's interface. The device has an 8MP Exmor-RS camera. It can shoot full HD 1080 videos. Sony has included a support for hard disk recorder or HDR. The design of the product is just as excellent. It has a slim design, only 6.5 mm. It consists of tempered glass back panel along with a reinforced metal frame by the sides. Sony also got an IP58 certification similar to the Sony Xperia ZR This means the product still functions even submerged under water for a period.
The new Sony Xperia Z Ultra will hit stores in the United States through T-Mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]