Sony Xperia Z Ultra Becomes Official, Z Ultra Also Runs on Snapdragon 800 Challenges Google Nexus 7
By Precious Silva | July 29, 2013 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra becomes the latest Android beast to hit the market. The tech giant has made their phablet official. Sony Xperia Togari features 6.4 inch wide touch screen display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
The smartphone offers a hybrid between a mobile device and a tablet. As mentioned, it features 6.4 inches of screen. Sony included an Ultra Triluminous display offering 1080p resolution. The pixel desnity is at 334 ppi.
The display stands as one of Sony's competitive edge. Through the company's latest technologies, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with the X-Reality and OptiContrast features. The X-Reality function is the next installment of the Sony Bravia graphics mechanism. Previously, many praised the Bravia engne for offering for providing one of the best display options on the market.
According to Sony, the size of the screen provides 60% more playing surface. This allows users to use the smartphone in a much comfortable way. Users can choose from manually operating the screen with a pencil/pen or they can also go with capacitive stylus.
The official phablet from Sony runs on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 featuring Adreno 330 GPU. The CPU includes a quad core Krait 400 clocked at 2.2 GHz. This makes the Sony Xperia Z Ultra the first smartphone officially released with the Snapdragon 800. Other devices offered running on this processor come in tablet format.
With Snapdragon on board, Sony could be king in terms of mobile and computing performance, analysts say.
The new Xperia features Android 4.2.2 configured to Sony's interface. The device has an 8MP Exmor-RS camera. It can shoot full HD 1080 videos. Sony has included a support for hard disk recorder or HDR. The design of the product is just as excellent. It has a slim design, only 6.5 mm. It consists of tempered glass back panel along with a reinforced metal frame by the sides. Sony also got an IP58 certification similar to the Sony Xperia ZR This means the product still functions even submerged under water for a period.
The new Sony Xperia Z Ultra will hit stores in the United States through T-Mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People