Sony Xperia Z Ultra Becomes Official, Z Ultra Also Runs on Snapdragon 800 Challenges Google Nexus 7
By Precious Silva | July 29, 2013 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra becomes the latest Android beast to hit the market. The tech giant has made their phablet official. Sony Xperia Togari features 6.4 inch wide touch screen display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
The smartphone offers a hybrid between a mobile device and a tablet. As mentioned, it features 6.4 inches of screen. Sony included an Ultra Triluminous display offering 1080p resolution. The pixel desnity is at 334 ppi.
The display stands as one of Sony's competitive edge. Through the company's latest technologies, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with the X-Reality and OptiContrast features. The X-Reality function is the next installment of the Sony Bravia graphics mechanism. Previously, many praised the Bravia engne for offering for providing one of the best display options on the market.
According to Sony, the size of the screen provides 60% more playing surface. This allows users to use the smartphone in a much comfortable way. Users can choose from manually operating the screen with a pencil/pen or they can also go with capacitive stylus.
The official phablet from Sony runs on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 featuring Adreno 330 GPU. The CPU includes a quad core Krait 400 clocked at 2.2 GHz. This makes the Sony Xperia Z Ultra the first smartphone officially released with the Snapdragon 800. Other devices offered running on this processor come in tablet format.
With Snapdragon on board, Sony could be king in terms of mobile and computing performance, analysts say.
The new Xperia features Android 4.2.2 configured to Sony's interface. The device has an 8MP Exmor-RS camera. It can shoot full HD 1080 videos. Sony has included a support for hard disk recorder or HDR. The design of the product is just as excellent. It has a slim design, only 6.5 mm. It consists of tempered glass back panel along with a reinforced metal frame by the sides. Sony also got an IP58 certification similar to the Sony Xperia ZR This means the product still functions even submerged under water for a period.
The new Sony Xperia Z Ultra will hit stores in the United States through T-Mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS