Google Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4: Buy or Wait?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 29, 2013 4:16 PM EST
Google Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are only two of the hundreds of smartphones that consumers are considering to buy.
After the immense success of Samsung Galaxy S3, South Korean tech giant released its successor, the Samsung Galaxy S4, last March. Thus, Samsung's smartphone gain an early start over Google Nexus 5.
The Google Nexus 5, on the other hand, is also expected to come around the same time based on its last year's release date. Launch is most probably in October along with the upcoming Android software.
Both smartphones boast amazing specs and features. Thus, many consumers are facing a difficult decision whether they should buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 now or wait for the release of Google Nexus 5.
Below is the comparison of Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Nexus 5 to help you decide whether you should buy now or wait.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen display. Google Nexus 5, on the other hand, is expected to come with 5-inch Full HD screen display.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy S4 is powered by Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 and quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7. Google Nexus 5 will include Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor that possesses a clock rate of 2.3GHz paired with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
Operating System - Samsung Galaxy S4 was released with 4.2.2 version of Android Jelly Bean. However, Google Nexus 5 may gain an advantage as it may be released with the latest Android mobile software. Google Nexus 5 may run with either the 4.3 Jelly Bean OS or the rumoured 5.0 Key Lime Pie.
Internal Storage - Google Nexus 5 is rumoured to come in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB variants. Samsung Galaxy S4 is also available in those variants but it includes an expandable storage up to 64GB via microSD slot.
Camera - Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with 13MP rear shooter and boasts dual shot feature. Google Nexus 5, on the other hand, is also rumoured to feature 13MP back camera.
Battery Life - Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a generous 2600mAh battery capacity. Google Nexus 5 is expected to come with 3300mAh Li-polymer battery
Price and Availability - The predecessor of Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, was quite famous for its friendly price tag. The device is expected to cost around $299. An unlocked version of Samsung Galaxy S4 costs over $600 but prices are definitely lowered under a contract of a mobile carrier.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles