iPhone 6 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020: Will Nokia’s New Smartphone Beat Apple’s Famous Handset
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 29, 2013 3:28 PM EST
Nokia is still in the smartphone race and is hoping to win against Apple as iPhone 6 and Nokia 1020 will enter an intense battle later this year.
The iPhone 6 release date is speculated to be in September. The handset is rumoured to be powered by A7 quad core chip. It will include some features such as Near Field Communication, 13MP back camera and longer battery life. And just like its brother, iPad, it may have a large internal storage of up to 128GB.
On the other hand, Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia recently introduced its new flagship smartphone that aims to battle the giants of the market.
It is expected that the new Nokia handset will battle head on with other smartphones especially the famous iPhone 6.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 was unveiled at the "Zoom Reinvented" event in New York City last July 11. Nokia's early announcement of its smartphone aims to gain advantage on the sales and get ahead of the intense smartphone race.
One of the greatest assets of the Nokia Lumia 1020 is its 41MP rear shooter that guarantees clearer and sharper photos.
See the face-off of specs and features of the Nokia Lumia 1020 and iPhone 6 below.
Screen Display - Nokia Lumia 1020 will come with 4.5-inch screen display. iPhone 6 is speculated to come with a larger screen display in order to keep up with its rivals. According to reports, it will increase its screen size up to 4.8 inches made of Sharp's IGZO screen display.
Processor - The new Nokia Lumia 1020 will be powered by dual core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz paired with 2GB of RAM. Reports claimed that Apple recently bought a Taiwanese company United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), a Taiwanese company listed on the New York Stock Exchange to be its own chip maker. The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be powered by A7 quad core processor.
Operating System - The iPhone 6 will boot the latest iOS 7. Nokia Lumia 1020 will sport the latest Windows mobile OS.
Internal Storage - Nokia Lumia 1020 is available in 32GB built-in memory that is nothing compared to Apple's iPhone 6 128GB.
Camera - iPhone 6 will come with 13 megapixels rear camera. Probably, the greatest asset of Nokia 1020 is its camera that boasts 41MP rear shooter and large lens.
Battery Life - Nokia Lumia 1020 has a fair 2000 mAh battery life. Since then Apple do not announce the battery capacity of its devices.
Price and Availability - The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be announced in September and will follow previous iPhone pricing strategy. Nokia confirmed that the handset will be available on July 26. However, specific price has not been disclosed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates