LeBron James Beats Kobe Bryant in Tight Popularity Race
By Lou Ramon Aguila | July 27, 2013 8:14 PM EST
Miami Heat star LeBron James is now the most popular player in the NBA after edging Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryant by a close margin, according to a poll by ESPN.
James, who recently won his fourth MVP award and led the Heat to its second straight NBA title in June, collected 13 per cent (12.9) of votes, just 0.4 per cent ahead of Bryant (12.5) - the NBA's most favorite baller in five of the last six seasons.
The Heat star previously held the title when he won his first MVP award for the first time in 2008-2009, but his decision to join the Miami Heat cost him losing some of his fans.
James only got 10.2 per cent and 9.4 per cent in his first two seasons with Miami, but these numbers dramatically spiked up mainly because of the Heat's star play on the court.
LeBron has been so dominant over the last two seasons, winning two more MVP awards (four MVPs) and two world championships (including Finals MVP award).
Rounding out the top five of NBA's most popular player are Kevin Durant with 3.6 per cent, Derrick Rose with 2.8 per cent, and Dwyane Wade with 2.6 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence