LeBron James Beats Kobe Bryant in Tight Popularity Race
By Lou Ramon Aguila | July 27, 2013 8:14 PM EST
Miami Heat star LeBron James is now the most popular player in the NBA after edging Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryant by a close margin, according to a poll by ESPN.
James, who recently won his fourth MVP award and led the Heat to its second straight NBA title in June, collected 13 per cent (12.9) of votes, just 0.4 per cent ahead of Bryant (12.5) - the NBA's most favorite baller in five of the last six seasons.
The Heat star previously held the title when he won his first MVP award for the first time in 2008-2009, but his decision to join the Miami Heat cost him losing some of his fans.
James only got 10.2 per cent and 9.4 per cent in his first two seasons with Miami, but these numbers dramatically spiked up mainly because of the Heat's star play on the court.
LeBron has been so dominant over the last two seasons, winning two more MVP awards (four MVPs) and two world championships (including Finals MVP award).
Rounding out the top five of NBA's most popular player are Kevin Durant with 3.6 per cent, Derrick Rose with 2.8 per cent, and Dwyane Wade with 2.6 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29