Sony PlayStation 4 Test Remarked "Cooler Temperature" Compared to PlayStation 3 According to FCC
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2013 9:55 AM EST
Sony's PlayStation 4 was tested extensively by the United States government agency, FCC, to be significantly cooler compared to its predecessor - PlayStation 3. The gaming console would less likely to go overheat during long gaming hours.
FCC on PlayStation 4
Sony proudly presented the hardware of PlayStation at the E3 and the development kit for gaming console passed by the FCC. The DUH-D1000AA prototype development kit for PS4 is listed, tested for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios. It also notes that the maximum clock frequency of PS4 is 2.75GHz according to Engadget.
The FCC also revealed that the gaming device has a significant less heat generation compared to PlayStation 3. The previous generation PlayStation has an average temperature between 45 to 55 degrees Celsius while PlayStation generates an average between 5 to 35 degrees Celsius. Owners of PlayStation 4 can play several hours of gaming without worrying of overheating issues or drawback from the console.
Sony PlayStation 4 Document
According to the document revealed by Engadget from the FCC, PlayStation 4 has a sleek design for extra cooling, more light indicators and connection ports. It has a maximum clock frequency of 2.5GHz, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, up to 35 degrees Celsius of temperature, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
PlayStation 4's dimension is 370 x 118 x 226 mm with approximate weight of 2.8kg which almost half of the weight of the original PlayStation 3. A slimmer PS3 model is expected to be the lightest among all versions with 2.1kg.
Sony's flagship gaming console will released by the end of 2013 during the holidays with a price tag of $399 in North America and £349 in the United Kingdom. Famous game titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club and Knack are going to be launched alongside with PlayStation 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists