Sony PlayStation 4 Test Remarked "Cooler Temperature" Compared to PlayStation 3 According to FCC
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2013 9:55 AM EST
Sony's PlayStation 4 was tested extensively by the United States government agency, FCC, to be significantly cooler compared to its predecessor - PlayStation 3. The gaming console would less likely to go overheat during long gaming hours.
FCC on PlayStation 4
Sony proudly presented the hardware of PlayStation at the E3 and the development kit for gaming console passed by the FCC. The DUH-D1000AA prototype development kit for PS4 is listed, tested for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios. It also notes that the maximum clock frequency of PS4 is 2.75GHz according to Engadget.
The FCC also revealed that the gaming device has a significant less heat generation compared to PlayStation 3. The previous generation PlayStation has an average temperature between 45 to 55 degrees Celsius while PlayStation generates an average between 5 to 35 degrees Celsius. Owners of PlayStation 4 can play several hours of gaming without worrying of overheating issues or drawback from the console.
Sony PlayStation 4 Document
According to the document revealed by Engadget from the FCC, PlayStation 4 has a sleek design for extra cooling, more light indicators and connection ports. It has a maximum clock frequency of 2.5GHz, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, up to 35 degrees Celsius of temperature, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
PlayStation 4's dimension is 370 x 118 x 226 mm with approximate weight of 2.8kg which almost half of the weight of the original PlayStation 3. A slimmer PS3 model is expected to be the lightest among all versions with 2.1kg.
Sony's flagship gaming console will released by the end of 2013 during the holidays with a price tag of $399 in North America and £349 in the United Kingdom. Famous game titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club and Knack are going to be launched alongside with PlayStation 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales