Sony PlayStation 4 Test Remarked "Cooler Temperature" Compared to PlayStation 3 According to FCC
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2013 9:55 AM EST
Sony's PlayStation 4 was tested extensively by the United States government agency, FCC, to be significantly cooler compared to its predecessor - PlayStation 3. The gaming console would less likely to go overheat during long gaming hours.
FCC on PlayStation 4
Sony proudly presented the hardware of PlayStation at the E3 and the development kit for gaming console passed by the FCC. The DUH-D1000AA prototype development kit for PS4 is listed, tested for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios. It also notes that the maximum clock frequency of PS4 is 2.75GHz according to Engadget.
The FCC also revealed that the gaming device has a significant less heat generation compared to PlayStation 3. The previous generation PlayStation has an average temperature between 45 to 55 degrees Celsius while PlayStation generates an average between 5 to 35 degrees Celsius. Owners of PlayStation 4 can play several hours of gaming without worrying of overheating issues or drawback from the console.
Sony PlayStation 4 Document
According to the document revealed by Engadget from the FCC, PlayStation 4 has a sleek design for extra cooling, more light indicators and connection ports. It has a maximum clock frequency of 2.5GHz, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, up to 35 degrees Celsius of temperature, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
PlayStation 4's dimension is 370 x 118 x 226 mm with approximate weight of 2.8kg which almost half of the weight of the original PlayStation 3. A slimmer PS3 model is expected to be the lightest among all versions with 2.1kg.
Sony's flagship gaming console will released by the end of 2013 during the holidays with a price tag of $399 in North America and £349 in the United Kingdom. Famous game titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club and Knack are going to be launched alongside with PlayStation 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS