Sony PlayStation 4 Test Remarked "Cooler Temperature" Compared to PlayStation 3 According to FCC
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2013 9:55 AM EST
Sony's PlayStation 4 was tested extensively by the United States government agency, FCC, to be significantly cooler compared to its predecessor - PlayStation 3. The gaming console would less likely to go overheat during long gaming hours.
FCC on PlayStation 4
Sony proudly presented the hardware of PlayStation at the E3 and the development kit for gaming console passed by the FCC. The DUH-D1000AA prototype development kit for PS4 is listed, tested for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios. It also notes that the maximum clock frequency of PS4 is 2.75GHz according to Engadget.
The FCC also revealed that the gaming device has a significant less heat generation compared to PlayStation 3. The previous generation PlayStation has an average temperature between 45 to 55 degrees Celsius while PlayStation generates an average between 5 to 35 degrees Celsius. Owners of PlayStation 4 can play several hours of gaming without worrying of overheating issues or drawback from the console.
Sony PlayStation 4 Document
According to the document revealed by Engadget from the FCC, PlayStation 4 has a sleek design for extra cooling, more light indicators and connection ports. It has a maximum clock frequency of 2.5GHz, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, up to 35 degrees Celsius of temperature, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
PlayStation 4's dimension is 370 x 118 x 226 mm with approximate weight of 2.8kg which almost half of the weight of the original PlayStation 3. A slimmer PS3 model is expected to be the lightest among all versions with 2.1kg.
Sony's flagship gaming console will released by the end of 2013 during the holidays with a price tag of $399 in North America and £349 in the United Kingdom. Famous game titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club and Knack are going to be launched alongside with PlayStation 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015