Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Update: Top 10 Benefits from Upcoming Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Samsung insider tipped out that the company is working on an official Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 instead of releasing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Google already pushed update for Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 which will be followed by Galaxy S4 and other Google Edition devices. Owners who are waiting should know the top 10 benefits of Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
OpenGL ES 3.0 Support
Once it is updated to Android 4.3, the Galaxy S3 will get intense workup with OpenGL ES 3.0 in terms of graphics, texturing and rendering used in gaming, apps and user interface. Owners of Galaxy S3 can play games with even vivid graphics and intense user experience.
With this feature, the Galaxy S3 can now communicate with many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available. It provides new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity and more kinds of sensors. In addition, Bluetooth Smart will not be troublesome anymore to the battery life unlike before.
Media Capabilities Updated
Expect to stream high-resolution videos from several media providers such as Netflix with their 1080p video live streaming. DRM framework enables more media app developers to easily integrate their streaming services and protocols to the Galaxy S3.
The notifications at the top of your Galaxy S3 will now have a new version which allows data stream with your permission according to apps made by developers. These applications and services will have a new class of "smart" apps that displays all information right on the status bar.
Wi-Fi Scanning for Location
Wi-Fi connectivity can now keep your location-based features in passive mode even if your Wi-Fi has been turned off. Of course there is also a control if you want to disable the new feature as well but this new addition from Android 4.3 allows "keeping location features" without possible need for active GPS or Wi-Fi.
Auto Complete Function
Android 4.3 can now perform an auto-complete for names and phone numbers directly from the dial pad. It changes the previous dialling method by tapping search icon and typing a name. This small change could be very beneficial for those who use the dialler often.
Improved Keyboard Input
If Android 4.2.2 provided the gesture-typing for the stock keyboard, Android 4.3 improves typing input and responsiveness of the virtual keys. Android 4.3 also support more languages such as Arabic in the language input for the keyboard.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running devices will have a special access on the Google Play Store's multiplayer games. This new gaming centre is soon to be released and supports optimisation on larger screens. It also features online game saving via clouding service and online achievements.
Smoother, Faster and More Responsive User Experience
Overall user experience will be greatly improved and Galaxy S3 owners can expect better responsiveness on apps and the touch screen. Android 4.3 optimises software and hardware relation, lowers battery consumption, better sensor readings, improved game vectors and power efficient location computation.
Samsung TouchWiz and Exclusives
Since Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features improved graphics, better battery life, hardware acceleration & allows multi-threading CPU cores, Samsung can now port Galaxy S4's exclusive apps and the brand new TouchWiz UI without too much adjustments or issues with Galaxy S3.
Samsung's plan to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 might be the best move after all, benefiting owners with better Android version and greater user experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia