Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Update: Top 10 Benefits from Upcoming Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Samsung insider tipped out that the company is working on an official Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 instead of releasing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Google already pushed update for Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 which will be followed by Galaxy S4 and other Google Edition devices. Owners who are waiting should know the top 10 benefits of Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
OpenGL ES 3.0 Support
Once it is updated to Android 4.3, the Galaxy S3 will get intense workup with OpenGL ES 3.0 in terms of graphics, texturing and rendering used in gaming, apps and user interface. Owners of Galaxy S3 can play games with even vivid graphics and intense user experience.
With this feature, the Galaxy S3 can now communicate with many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available. It provides new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity and more kinds of sensors. In addition, Bluetooth Smart will not be troublesome anymore to the battery life unlike before.
Media Capabilities Updated
Expect to stream high-resolution videos from several media providers such as Netflix with their 1080p video live streaming. DRM framework enables more media app developers to easily integrate their streaming services and protocols to the Galaxy S3.
The notifications at the top of your Galaxy S3 will now have a new version which allows data stream with your permission according to apps made by developers. These applications and services will have a new class of "smart" apps that displays all information right on the status bar.
Wi-Fi Scanning for Location
Wi-Fi connectivity can now keep your location-based features in passive mode even if your Wi-Fi has been turned off. Of course there is also a control if you want to disable the new feature as well but this new addition from Android 4.3 allows "keeping location features" without possible need for active GPS or Wi-Fi.
Auto Complete Function
Android 4.3 can now perform an auto-complete for names and phone numbers directly from the dial pad. It changes the previous dialling method by tapping search icon and typing a name. This small change could be very beneficial for those who use the dialler often.
Improved Keyboard Input
If Android 4.2.2 provided the gesture-typing for the stock keyboard, Android 4.3 improves typing input and responsiveness of the virtual keys. Android 4.3 also support more languages such as Arabic in the language input for the keyboard.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running devices will have a special access on the Google Play Store's multiplayer games. This new gaming centre is soon to be released and supports optimisation on larger screens. It also features online game saving via clouding service and online achievements.
Smoother, Faster and More Responsive User Experience
Overall user experience will be greatly improved and Galaxy S3 owners can expect better responsiveness on apps and the touch screen. Android 4.3 optimises software and hardware relation, lowers battery consumption, better sensor readings, improved game vectors and power efficient location computation.
Samsung TouchWiz and Exclusives
Since Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features improved graphics, better battery life, hardware acceleration & allows multi-threading CPU cores, Samsung can now port Galaxy S4's exclusive apps and the brand new TouchWiz UI without too much adjustments or issues with Galaxy S3.
Samsung's plan to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 might be the best move after all, benefiting owners with better Android version and greater user experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales