Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Update: Top 10 Benefits from Upcoming Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Samsung insider tipped out that the company is working on an official Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 instead of releasing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Google already pushed update for Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 which will be followed by Galaxy S4 and other Google Edition devices. Owners who are waiting should know the top 10 benefits of Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
OpenGL ES 3.0 Support
Once it is updated to Android 4.3, the Galaxy S3 will get intense workup with OpenGL ES 3.0 in terms of graphics, texturing and rendering used in gaming, apps and user interface. Owners of Galaxy S3 can play games with even vivid graphics and intense user experience.
With this feature, the Galaxy S3 can now communicate with many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available. It provides new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity and more kinds of sensors. In addition, Bluetooth Smart will not be troublesome anymore to the battery life unlike before.
Media Capabilities Updated
Expect to stream high-resolution videos from several media providers such as Netflix with their 1080p video live streaming. DRM framework enables more media app developers to easily integrate their streaming services and protocols to the Galaxy S3.
The notifications at the top of your Galaxy S3 will now have a new version which allows data stream with your permission according to apps made by developers. These applications and services will have a new class of "smart" apps that displays all information right on the status bar.
Wi-Fi Scanning for Location
Wi-Fi connectivity can now keep your location-based features in passive mode even if your Wi-Fi has been turned off. Of course there is also a control if you want to disable the new feature as well but this new addition from Android 4.3 allows "keeping location features" without possible need for active GPS or Wi-Fi.
Auto Complete Function
Android 4.3 can now perform an auto-complete for names and phone numbers directly from the dial pad. It changes the previous dialling method by tapping search icon and typing a name. This small change could be very beneficial for those who use the dialler often.
Improved Keyboard Input
If Android 4.2.2 provided the gesture-typing for the stock keyboard, Android 4.3 improves typing input and responsiveness of the virtual keys. Android 4.3 also support more languages such as Arabic in the language input for the keyboard.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running devices will have a special access on the Google Play Store's multiplayer games. This new gaming centre is soon to be released and supports optimisation on larger screens. It also features online game saving via clouding service and online achievements.
Smoother, Faster and More Responsive User Experience
Overall user experience will be greatly improved and Galaxy S3 owners can expect better responsiveness on apps and the touch screen. Android 4.3 optimises software and hardware relation, lowers battery consumption, better sensor readings, improved game vectors and power efficient location computation.
Samsung TouchWiz and Exclusives
Since Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features improved graphics, better battery life, hardware acceleration & allows multi-threading CPU cores, Samsung can now port Galaxy S4's exclusive apps and the brand new TouchWiz UI without too much adjustments or issues with Galaxy S3.
Samsung's plan to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 might be the best move after all, benefiting owners with better Android version and greater user experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight