Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Update: Top 10 Benefits from Upcoming Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Samsung insider tipped out that the company is working on an official Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 instead of releasing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Google already pushed update for Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 which will be followed by Galaxy S4 and other Google Edition devices. Owners who are waiting should know the top 10 benefits of Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
OpenGL ES 3.0 Support
Once it is updated to Android 4.3, the Galaxy S3 will get intense workup with OpenGL ES 3.0 in terms of graphics, texturing and rendering used in gaming, apps and user interface. Owners of Galaxy S3 can play games with even vivid graphics and intense user experience.
With this feature, the Galaxy S3 can now communicate with many types of low-power Bluetooth Smart devices and sensors available. It provides new features for fitness, medical, location, proximity and more kinds of sensors. In addition, Bluetooth Smart will not be troublesome anymore to the battery life unlike before.
Media Capabilities Updated
Expect to stream high-resolution videos from several media providers such as Netflix with their 1080p video live streaming. DRM framework enables more media app developers to easily integrate their streaming services and protocols to the Galaxy S3.
The notifications at the top of your Galaxy S3 will now have a new version which allows data stream with your permission according to apps made by developers. These applications and services will have a new class of "smart" apps that displays all information right on the status bar.
Wi-Fi Scanning for Location
Wi-Fi connectivity can now keep your location-based features in passive mode even if your Wi-Fi has been turned off. Of course there is also a control if you want to disable the new feature as well but this new addition from Android 4.3 allows "keeping location features" without possible need for active GPS or Wi-Fi.
Auto Complete Function
Android 4.3 can now perform an auto-complete for names and phone numbers directly from the dial pad. It changes the previous dialling method by tapping search icon and typing a name. This small change could be very beneficial for those who use the dialler often.
Improved Keyboard Input
If Android 4.2.2 provided the gesture-typing for the stock keyboard, Android 4.3 improves typing input and responsiveness of the virtual keys. Android 4.3 also support more languages such as Arabic in the language input for the keyboard.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running devices will have a special access on the Google Play Store's multiplayer games. This new gaming centre is soon to be released and supports optimisation on larger screens. It also features online game saving via clouding service and online achievements.
Smoother, Faster and More Responsive User Experience
Overall user experience will be greatly improved and Galaxy S3 owners can expect better responsiveness on apps and the touch screen. Android 4.3 optimises software and hardware relation, lowers battery consumption, better sensor readings, improved game vectors and power efficient location computation.
Samsung TouchWiz and Exclusives
Since Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features improved graphics, better battery life, hardware acceleration & allows multi-threading CPU cores, Samsung can now port Galaxy S4's exclusive apps and the brand new TouchWiz UI without too much adjustments or issues with Galaxy S3.
Samsung's plan to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 might be the best move after all, benefiting owners with better Android version and greater user experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports