How to Update Your LG Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 11:58 AM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now official and Google has already begun rolling out the update to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10. LG Nexus 4 was expected to get the official update very soon, but right now, owners must wait. At this time, you can manually install Android 4.3 JWR66N version to have your Nexus 4 updated.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Nexus 4.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware to your computer.
- Download and install a ROM Manager on your LG Nexus 4.
Warning: This Android 4.3 firmware version is not officially released by Google. We are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your Nexus 4. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Nexus 4 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Android 4.3 firmware you've downloaded earlier to your Nexus 4.
3. Disconnect the phone and enter Recovery mode using the ROM manager you've installed earlier.
4. In the Recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
5. Go back to the main menu then select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the Android 4.3 firmware you have copied on the device and confirm its installation.
6. Wait till the installation completes which may take 3 to 4 minutes. Be patient.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
Your LG Nexus 4 is now updated and running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS which includes new features and major bug fixes.
In case of boot loop or unable to reach the home screen, press and hold the Power key to switch it off then switch the device on again.
For other comments and issues, send your feedback to Android Advices Nexus 4 main thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools