How to Update Your LG Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 11:58 AM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now official and Google has already begun rolling out the update to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10. LG Nexus 4 was expected to get the official update very soon, but right now, owners must wait. At this time, you can manually install Android 4.3 JWR66N version to have your Nexus 4 updated.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Nexus 4.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware to your computer.
- Download and install a ROM Manager on your LG Nexus 4.
Warning: This Android 4.3 firmware version is not officially released by Google. We are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your Nexus 4. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Nexus 4 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Android 4.3 firmware you've downloaded earlier to your Nexus 4.
3. Disconnect the phone and enter Recovery mode using the ROM manager you've installed earlier.
4. In the Recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
5. Go back to the main menu then select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the Android 4.3 firmware you have copied on the device and confirm its installation.
6. Wait till the installation completes which may take 3 to 4 minutes. Be patient.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
Your LG Nexus 4 is now updated and running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS which includes new features and major bug fixes.
In case of boot loop or unable to reach the home screen, press and hold the Power key to switch it off then switch the device on again.
For other comments and issues, send your feedback to Android Advices Nexus 4 main thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes