How to Update Your LG Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2013 11:58 AM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now official and Google has already begun rolling out the update to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10. LG Nexus 4 was expected to get the official update very soon, but right now, owners must wait. At this time, you can manually install Android 4.3 JWR66N version to have your Nexus 4 updated.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your Nexus 4.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware to your computer.
- Download and install a ROM Manager on your LG Nexus 4.
Warning: This Android 4.3 firmware version is not officially released by Google. We are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your Nexus 4. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Nexus 4 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Android 4.3 firmware you've downloaded earlier to your Nexus 4.
3. Disconnect the phone and enter Recovery mode using the ROM manager you've installed earlier.
4. In the Recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
5. Go back to the main menu then select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the Android 4.3 firmware you have copied on the device and confirm its installation.
6. Wait till the installation completes which may take 3 to 4 minutes. Be patient.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
Your LG Nexus 4 is now updated and running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS which includes new features and major bug fixes.
In case of boot loop or unable to reach the home screen, press and hold the Power key to switch it off then switch the device on again.
For other comments and issues, send your feedback to Android Advices Nexus 4 main thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar