iPhone 5S Release Date No Later than Sept 28 as Apple (AAPL) Guns for $37B Sales for Q4 2013 – Report
By Erik Pineda | July 26, 2013 10:44 AM EST
It is highly likely that Apple (AAPL) will introduce its 2013 flagship, the iPhone 5S, before September 28 as the tech giant aims to realise its projected revenues of between $34 billion and $37 billion in the last quarter of 2013, a new report said.
The time frame makes sense, Gotta Be Mobile insists, as it is the iPhone that would push Apple's fourth quarter surge. Releasing the device a few days before Q4 starts would allow the tech giant to collect buffer sales geared for the same period, thus inching it closer to the December sales goal, the report said.
The 5S is the automatic choice for the company in which to anchor its fourth quarter sales performance since traditionally, the handset is Apple's main income generator. Looking at the June quarter results, the iPhone 5 and previous models indeed delivered the goods.
The maximum margin guidance of 37 per cent indicated by Apple for Q4 2013 "likely indicates that the new product launch this quarter will be an iPhone and not a lower margin iPad. While new iPhones are lower margin at launch, they are still higher margin than iPad's," GBM quoted Walter Piecyk of BTIG.
Mr Piecyk contends that the company's intention of closing out the year with record sales is closely tied with an iPhone 5S roadmap that points to a late September 2013 release date, adding that the move "could be the start of a string of new product announcements," from Apple.
Apple CEO Tim Cook has implied earlier this year that his company is about to pull off surprise in last few months of the year, beginning in September, which analysts conjectured as the iPhone 5S arrival.
This week, Mr Cook echoed the same hints by declaring that there will be "amazing new products that we will introduce in the fall and across 2014."
Fun time for Apple and its million of fans, GBM said, should commence September 20 at the earliest, which should give the tech giant more than a week to implement iPhone 5S pre-orders that could snowball into a giant leap for the company's fourth quarter showing in the current year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners