Aussie Woman is 3rd Victim of iPhone Electrocution
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 26, 2013 1:23 AM EST
Apple continues to shock iPhone users, not with news of the company's lower-than-expected earnings, but a literal electric jolt.
On Wednesday, a third victim of iPhone electrocution was rushed to the hospital when she was zapped while holding her smartphone made by the Cupertino-based tech giant. Reports said that the 28-year-old victim was holding the iPhone while at her Chatswood home when the electrocution happened at about 8 pm.
The unnamed iPhone user was rushed by a New South Wales ambulance to the Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment where she is now in a stable condition and not seriously injured.
It was not clear if she was charging the mobile phone at the same time while holding it when she was electrocuted, unlike the first two iPhone electrocution victims in China who were charging their units allegedly using fake chargers.
The first victim, an airline stewardesses died, while the second victim, a 30-year-old male is still in a coma.
However, the Sydney woman turned out to be the fifth victim of electric shocks from smartphones treated by the NSW Ambulance paramedics since January 2012, although it is not clear if the victims were all using iPhones or some had other phone brands.
Besides cell phones, other home electrical appliances were the culprits for injuries such as fingers amputated by blenders, burnt from hair straighteners and shocked from gaming devices.
Since the start of the 2013, Ambulance NSW had responded to 232 calls to such kinds of emergencies.
Apple has so far not yet issued any statement about the latest case of electrocution involving iPhones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools