J.J. Redick Had An 'Abortion Contract' With Pregnant Former Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez In 2007, Report Says
July 24, 2013 5:29 AM EST
A new report suggests that Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick entered into a 2007 “abortion contract” with model Vanessa Lopez, his former girlfriend.
The bizarre legal document, obtained by gossip blog MediaTakeOut, appears to have been crafted in 2007, when Redick was a 22-year-old NBA rookie with the Orlando Magic. Lopez, Redick’s girlfriend at the time, was allegedly pregnant with the basketball player’s child, prompting the two individuals to enter into what Deadspin dubbed an “abortion contract.”
According to the terms of the abortion contract, lawyers stipulated that Redick would agree to “establish and maintain a social and/or dating relationship” with Lopez for at least one year. In exchange, Lopez would agree to abort her pregnancy, and submit to a battery of pre- and post-operation tests to confirm that the abortion had indeed taken place. “In the event that the foregoing establishes that Lopez was either not pregnant or did not terminate the pregnancy, Redick shall have no further obligations hereunder,” the document states.
The abortion contract also included several other stipulations. For example, if Redick determined that he was no longer willing or able to enter into a “relationship” with Lopez after the abortion, he reserved the right to pay Lopez $25,000 in compensation, in lieu of staying with her. The document also included a confidentiality agreement, as well as an understanding that any attempts by Lopez to maintain contract after their “relationship” would constitute stalking.
Ironically, the so-called abortion contract didn’t prevent Redick and Lopez from suffering through a messy breakup. In Sept. 2007, Lopez reported that she was “afraid for her life” after receiving threatening calls and texts from David Redick, J.J.’s brother.
Lopez’s relationship with Reddick wasn’t her only dalliance with an NBA star. According to TMZ, she has been involved in similar disputes with NBA veterans Delonte West, Kenyon Martin, and, most notably, Shaquille O’Neal. In 2010, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal, claiming that he had harassed her after the end of their five-year extramarital affair. In June, a judge dismissed the lawsuit after Lopez was caught in a series of lies, TMZ reports.
The 2007 “abortion contract” between Redick and Lopez can be read in its entirety here, courtesy of MediaTakeOut.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble