J.J. Redick Had An 'Abortion Contract' With Pregnant Former Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez In 2007, Report Says
July 24, 2013 5:29 AM EST
A new report suggests that Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick entered into a 2007 “abortion contract” with model Vanessa Lopez, his former girlfriend.
The bizarre legal document, obtained by gossip blog MediaTakeOut, appears to have been crafted in 2007, when Redick was a 22-year-old NBA rookie with the Orlando Magic. Lopez, Redick’s girlfriend at the time, was allegedly pregnant with the basketball player’s child, prompting the two individuals to enter into what Deadspin dubbed an “abortion contract.”
According to the terms of the abortion contract, lawyers stipulated that Redick would agree to “establish and maintain a social and/or dating relationship” with Lopez for at least one year. In exchange, Lopez would agree to abort her pregnancy, and submit to a battery of pre- and post-operation tests to confirm that the abortion had indeed taken place. “In the event that the foregoing establishes that Lopez was either not pregnant or did not terminate the pregnancy, Redick shall have no further obligations hereunder,” the document states.
The abortion contract also included several other stipulations. For example, if Redick determined that he was no longer willing or able to enter into a “relationship” with Lopez after the abortion, he reserved the right to pay Lopez $25,000 in compensation, in lieu of staying with her. The document also included a confidentiality agreement, as well as an understanding that any attempts by Lopez to maintain contract after their “relationship” would constitute stalking.
Ironically, the so-called abortion contract didn’t prevent Redick and Lopez from suffering through a messy breakup. In Sept. 2007, Lopez reported that she was “afraid for her life” after receiving threatening calls and texts from David Redick, J.J.’s brother.
Lopez’s relationship with Reddick wasn’t her only dalliance with an NBA star. According to TMZ, she has been involved in similar disputes with NBA veterans Delonte West, Kenyon Martin, and, most notably, Shaquille O’Neal. In 2010, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal, claiming that he had harassed her after the end of their five-year extramarital affair. In June, a judge dismissed the lawsuit after Lopez was caught in a series of lies, TMZ reports.
The 2007 “abortion contract” between Redick and Lopez can be read in its entirety here, courtesy of MediaTakeOut.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies