J.J. Redick Had An 'Abortion Contract' With Pregnant Former Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez In 2007, Report Says
July 24, 2013 5:29 AM EST
A new report suggests that Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick entered into a 2007 “abortion contract” with model Vanessa Lopez, his former girlfriend.
The bizarre legal document, obtained by gossip blog MediaTakeOut, appears to have been crafted in 2007, when Redick was a 22-year-old NBA rookie with the Orlando Magic. Lopez, Redick’s girlfriend at the time, was allegedly pregnant with the basketball player’s child, prompting the two individuals to enter into what Deadspin dubbed an “abortion contract.”
According to the terms of the abortion contract, lawyers stipulated that Redick would agree to “establish and maintain a social and/or dating relationship” with Lopez for at least one year. In exchange, Lopez would agree to abort her pregnancy, and submit to a battery of pre- and post-operation tests to confirm that the abortion had indeed taken place. “In the event that the foregoing establishes that Lopez was either not pregnant or did not terminate the pregnancy, Redick shall have no further obligations hereunder,” the document states.
The abortion contract also included several other stipulations. For example, if Redick determined that he was no longer willing or able to enter into a “relationship” with Lopez after the abortion, he reserved the right to pay Lopez $25,000 in compensation, in lieu of staying with her. The document also included a confidentiality agreement, as well as an understanding that any attempts by Lopez to maintain contract after their “relationship” would constitute stalking.
Ironically, the so-called abortion contract didn’t prevent Redick and Lopez from suffering through a messy breakup. In Sept. 2007, Lopez reported that she was “afraid for her life” after receiving threatening calls and texts from David Redick, J.J.’s brother.
Lopez’s relationship with Reddick wasn’t her only dalliance with an NBA star. According to TMZ, she has been involved in similar disputes with NBA veterans Delonte West, Kenyon Martin, and, most notably, Shaquille O’Neal. In 2010, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal, claiming that he had harassed her after the end of their five-year extramarital affair. In June, a judge dismissed the lawsuit after Lopez was caught in a series of lies, TMZ reports.
The 2007 “abortion contract” between Redick and Lopez can be read in its entirety here, courtesy of MediaTakeOut.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch