J.J. Redick Had An 'Abortion Contract' With Pregnant Former Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez In 2007, Report Says
July 24, 2013 5:29 AM EST
A new report suggests that Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick entered into a 2007 “abortion contract” with model Vanessa Lopez, his former girlfriend.
The bizarre legal document, obtained by gossip blog MediaTakeOut, appears to have been crafted in 2007, when Redick was a 22-year-old NBA rookie with the Orlando Magic. Lopez, Redick’s girlfriend at the time, was allegedly pregnant with the basketball player’s child, prompting the two individuals to enter into what Deadspin dubbed an “abortion contract.”
According to the terms of the abortion contract, lawyers stipulated that Redick would agree to “establish and maintain a social and/or dating relationship” with Lopez for at least one year. In exchange, Lopez would agree to abort her pregnancy, and submit to a battery of pre- and post-operation tests to confirm that the abortion had indeed taken place. “In the event that the foregoing establishes that Lopez was either not pregnant or did not terminate the pregnancy, Redick shall have no further obligations hereunder,” the document states.
The abortion contract also included several other stipulations. For example, if Redick determined that he was no longer willing or able to enter into a “relationship” with Lopez after the abortion, he reserved the right to pay Lopez $25,000 in compensation, in lieu of staying with her. The document also included a confidentiality agreement, as well as an understanding that any attempts by Lopez to maintain contract after their “relationship” would constitute stalking.
Ironically, the so-called abortion contract didn’t prevent Redick and Lopez from suffering through a messy breakup. In Sept. 2007, Lopez reported that she was “afraid for her life” after receiving threatening calls and texts from David Redick, J.J.’s brother.
Lopez’s relationship with Reddick wasn’t her only dalliance with an NBA star. According to TMZ, she has been involved in similar disputes with NBA veterans Delonte West, Kenyon Martin, and, most notably, Shaquille O’Neal. In 2010, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal, claiming that he had harassed her after the end of their five-year extramarital affair. In June, a judge dismissed the lawsuit after Lopez was caught in a series of lies, TMZ reports.
The 2007 “abortion contract” between Redick and Lopez can be read in its entirety here, courtesy of MediaTakeOut.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools