J.J. Redick Had An 'Abortion Contract' With Pregnant Former Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez In 2007, Report Says
July 24, 2013 5:29 AM EST
A new report suggests that Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick entered into a 2007 “abortion contract” with model Vanessa Lopez, his former girlfriend.
The bizarre legal document, obtained by gossip blog MediaTakeOut, appears to have been crafted in 2007, when Redick was a 22-year-old NBA rookie with the Orlando Magic. Lopez, Redick’s girlfriend at the time, was allegedly pregnant with the basketball player’s child, prompting the two individuals to enter into what Deadspin dubbed an “abortion contract.”
According to the terms of the abortion contract, lawyers stipulated that Redick would agree to “establish and maintain a social and/or dating relationship” with Lopez for at least one year. In exchange, Lopez would agree to abort her pregnancy, and submit to a battery of pre- and post-operation tests to confirm that the abortion had indeed taken place. “In the event that the foregoing establishes that Lopez was either not pregnant or did not terminate the pregnancy, Redick shall have no further obligations hereunder,” the document states.
The abortion contract also included several other stipulations. For example, if Redick determined that he was no longer willing or able to enter into a “relationship” with Lopez after the abortion, he reserved the right to pay Lopez $25,000 in compensation, in lieu of staying with her. The document also included a confidentiality agreement, as well as an understanding that any attempts by Lopez to maintain contract after their “relationship” would constitute stalking.
Ironically, the so-called abortion contract didn’t prevent Redick and Lopez from suffering through a messy breakup. In Sept. 2007, Lopez reported that she was “afraid for her life” after receiving threatening calls and texts from David Redick, J.J.’s brother.
Lopez’s relationship with Reddick wasn’t her only dalliance with an NBA star. According to TMZ, she has been involved in similar disputes with NBA veterans Delonte West, Kenyon Martin, and, most notably, Shaquille O’Neal. In 2010, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal, claiming that he had harassed her after the end of their five-year extramarital affair. In June, a judge dismissed the lawsuit after Lopez was caught in a series of lies, TMZ reports.
The 2007 “abortion contract” between Redick and Lopez can be read in its entirety here, courtesy of MediaTakeOut.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet