Is Tim Duncan Gay? Wife Amy Duncan Reportedly Outs Husband As Bisexual During Divorce Proceedings [REPORT]
July 24, 2013 1:21 AM EST
San Antonio Spurs legend Tim Duncan’s ongoing divorce battle with wife Amy Duncan may have produced another bombshell. A report from gossip blog Hollywood Street King alleges that Amy may have outed Tim as gay during the couple’s divorce proceedings.
According to the gossip blog, a source close to the divorce battle alleges that Tim Duncan has been involved in a gay relationship since he attended Wake Forest University, the same school where he and Amy first met. The source reportedly added that Duncan’s alleged “lover” lived with the Spurs star and his wife for the first two years of their marriage, before Duncan allegedly purchased a house for the unnamed man. Hollywood Street King claims that Tim Duncan is seeking to place a gag order on his estranged wife so that she cannot tell the public that the 37-year-old is gay.
“Amy treated Tim like a b---- throughout their marriage because she knew he was f---ing his BFF,” the source allegedly told Hollywood Street King. “Tim knows Amy was cheating on him but he’s willing to give her whatever she wants, because he doesn’t want Amy to tell the world that he’s bisexual.”
Neither Amy nor Tim Duncan have addressed the rumors thus far.
While it remains to be seen whether the news about Duncan’s alleged gay relationship has any basis in reality, it isn’t the first report to suggest that the future Hall of Famer’s divorce proceedings have been strained. On May 29, the San Antonio Express-News reported that Tim Duncan hired a private investigator last fall to look into his wife’s behavior. The action prompted some news outlets to speculate that Amy Duncan may have been cheating on her husband.
While the claims of cheating have yet to be substantiated, Amy filed for divorce on March 27, claiming that the couple’s marriage had become insupportable due to discord and conflict. Legal documents obtained by TMZ revealed that Duncan had asked the Bexar County District Court to delay the divorce proceedings, claiming that his appearance in the 2013 NBA Playoffs was “Making extraordinary demands on him.”
Even if Hollywood Street King’s report about Tim Duncan’s sexuality turns out to be true, he wouldn’t be the first NBA player to be outed as gay. Last April, league veteran Jason Collins revealed in a Sports Illustrated column that he was gay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance