Is Tim Duncan Gay? Wife Amy Duncan Reportedly Outs Husband As Bisexual During Divorce Proceedings [REPORT]
July 24, 2013 1:21 AM EST
San Antonio Spurs legend Tim Duncan’s ongoing divorce battle with wife Amy Duncan may have produced another bombshell. A report from gossip blog Hollywood Street King alleges that Amy may have outed Tim as gay during the couple’s divorce proceedings.
According to the gossip blog, a source close to the divorce battle alleges that Tim Duncan has been involved in a gay relationship since he attended Wake Forest University, the same school where he and Amy first met. The source reportedly added that Duncan’s alleged “lover” lived with the Spurs star and his wife for the first two years of their marriage, before Duncan allegedly purchased a house for the unnamed man. Hollywood Street King claims that Tim Duncan is seeking to place a gag order on his estranged wife so that she cannot tell the public that the 37-year-old is gay.
“Amy treated Tim like a b---- throughout their marriage because she knew he was f---ing his BFF,” the source allegedly told Hollywood Street King. “Tim knows Amy was cheating on him but he’s willing to give her whatever she wants, because he doesn’t want Amy to tell the world that he’s bisexual.”
Neither Amy nor Tim Duncan have addressed the rumors thus far.
While it remains to be seen whether the news about Duncan’s alleged gay relationship has any basis in reality, it isn’t the first report to suggest that the future Hall of Famer’s divorce proceedings have been strained. On May 29, the San Antonio Express-News reported that Tim Duncan hired a private investigator last fall to look into his wife’s behavior. The action prompted some news outlets to speculate that Amy Duncan may have been cheating on her husband.
While the claims of cheating have yet to be substantiated, Amy filed for divorce on March 27, claiming that the couple’s marriage had become insupportable due to discord and conflict. Legal documents obtained by TMZ revealed that Duncan had asked the Bexar County District Court to delay the divorce proceedings, claiming that his appearance in the 2013 NBA Playoffs was “Making extraordinary demands on him.”
Even if Hollywood Street King’s report about Tim Duncan’s sexuality turns out to be true, he wouldn’t be the first NBA player to be outed as gay. Last April, league veteran Jason Collins revealed in a Sports Illustrated column that he was gay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29