Is Tim Duncan Gay? Wife Amy Duncan Reportedly Outs Husband As Bisexual During Divorce Proceedings [REPORT]
July 24, 2013 1:21 AM EST
San Antonio Spurs legend Tim Duncan’s ongoing divorce battle with wife Amy Duncan may have produced another bombshell. A report from gossip blog Hollywood Street King alleges that Amy may have outed Tim as gay during the couple’s divorce proceedings.
According to the gossip blog, a source close to the divorce battle alleges that Tim Duncan has been involved in a gay relationship since he attended Wake Forest University, the same school where he and Amy first met. The source reportedly added that Duncan’s alleged “lover” lived with the Spurs star and his wife for the first two years of their marriage, before Duncan allegedly purchased a house for the unnamed man. Hollywood Street King claims that Tim Duncan is seeking to place a gag order on his estranged wife so that she cannot tell the public that the 37-year-old is gay.
“Amy treated Tim like a b---- throughout their marriage because she knew he was f---ing his BFF,” the source allegedly told Hollywood Street King. “Tim knows Amy was cheating on him but he’s willing to give her whatever she wants, because he doesn’t want Amy to tell the world that he’s bisexual.”
Neither Amy nor Tim Duncan have addressed the rumors thus far.
While it remains to be seen whether the news about Duncan’s alleged gay relationship has any basis in reality, it isn’t the first report to suggest that the future Hall of Famer’s divorce proceedings have been strained. On May 29, the San Antonio Express-News reported that Tim Duncan hired a private investigator last fall to look into his wife’s behavior. The action prompted some news outlets to speculate that Amy Duncan may have been cheating on her husband.
While the claims of cheating have yet to be substantiated, Amy filed for divorce on March 27, claiming that the couple’s marriage had become insupportable due to discord and conflict. Legal documents obtained by TMZ revealed that Duncan had asked the Bexar County District Court to delay the divorce proceedings, claiming that his appearance in the 2013 NBA Playoffs was “Making extraordinary demands on him.”
Even if Hollywood Street King’s report about Tim Duncan’s sexuality turns out to be true, he wouldn’t be the first NBA player to be outed as gay. Last April, league veteran Jason Collins revealed in a Sports Illustrated column that he was gay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS