iPhone 6 Release Date Sometime Between September 22 and December 20, Says Apple
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 23, 2013 9:51 AM EST
Apple fans should expect the release date of iPhone 6 sometime between September 22 and December 20.
According to Apple, iOS 7 will be released in the fall. Based on the 2013 calendar, fall season will be between these dates. By vaguely confirming the release date of iOS 7, Apple also hinted the date of announcement of the next iPhone.
Last year, the iPhone 5 was released along with iOS 6. Moreover, the iOS 6 was officially released last September 19, which was exactly 100 days after its announcement.
If Apple will follow its formula from last year, the official version of iOS 7 may be released on September 18. The iOS 7 Beta 3 was released last week. iOS usually releases three to seven beta versions before the official version comes out. This was to ensure that the official iOS was free from bugs and problems.
Based on the past iOS releases, it was usually debuted with a hardware, which was the flagship smartphone of the company. However, it was still unconfirmed whether Apple will release the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 5S.
Also, it was not a remote possibility that the iPhone will be released before Christmas. There was a chance that Apple may announce the iPhone 6 on Thanksgiving, just in time for the holiday rush.
Aside from the new iOS 7, Apple's iPhone 6 was speculated to be powered by A7 quad core chip. It will include some features such as Near Field Communication, 13-MP back camera and longer battery life. And just like its brother, iPad, it may have a large internal storage of up to 128GB.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S was expected to boast a 4-inch screen display, a dual core processor and an 8MP back camera all housed in a cheap plastic casing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family