The iPhone 6 vs. The Galaxy S5 vs. The Nexus 5: Which Phone will be the Future of the Mobile Market?
By Precious Silva | July 22, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The market offered a wide range of phones currently, but upcoming mobile phones were taking much of people's attention these days. Specifically, the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 6 were creating such a buzz, it was necessary to take a look what these phones had to offer. Which phone will change the face of the mobile market?
Apple, Samsung and Google have yet to make official announcements of the specifics details or features of each phone. However, with the number of reports circling around including information leaks, it was possible not to compare upcoming offerings from these three.
The iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6
Reports indicated that the next iPhone installment will be called iPhone 5S, though there were people referring to it as the iPhone 6. Nonetheless, analysts pointed out that the iPhone 5S will likely be a minor refresh of the iPhone 5 set for this September. The iPhone 6 will most probably come into the market in 2014. Supposed features for the iPhone 5S included the new iOS 7, improved processor and a fingerprint sensor. Latest information leaks indicated other specs like 2GB of RAM, 12-megapixel camera and improved LTE radio. Apple needed to make an announcement for things to be official.
As mentioned, many people look forward to 2014 because of the iPhone 6. What many consumers and analysts have suggested was that it looks like Apple was redesigning the iPhone 6 altogether. The company had been steadily working on redesigning all other services and products; it was possible they want to introduce a phone with a new design.
Given the fingerprint scanner will not be in iPhone 5S, then iPhone 6 will have it. As Apple works on cutting ties with Samsung , the processor for their next phone in 2014 will be possibly from TSMC. Another much-speculated detail was the slimmer display. Reports have sighted a patent with slimmer design. Lastly, if the latest news were true, then the iPhone 6 will feature Kinect technology - paired with iOS 8 then it will be a force to be reckoned with.
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5 was in the rumor mill for quite some time already. Following the success of Google's LG-made Nexus 7, consumers were eager to find out what Google has in store for the next installment of the device. Reported features included Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in beta form, 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2-3GB of RAM, 5.2-inch Full HD Display and extendable memory options ranging from 32, 64, 128 and 256GB.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 was still far out as the latest update said Samsung planned to release the phone next spring. While the release of the device remained distant, there were already reports on possible features. One information leak said Samsung has paired up with a German company for carbon fiber composite materials. It was likely S5 will have carbon fiber on its design. Just like Apple, some resources say Samsung will also include a fingerprint detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8