The iPhone 6 vs. The Galaxy S5 vs. The Nexus 5: Which Phone will be the Future of the Mobile Market?
By Precious Silva | July 22, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The market offered a wide range of phones currently, but upcoming mobile phones were taking much of people's attention these days. Specifically, the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 6 were creating such a buzz, it was necessary to take a look what these phones had to offer. Which phone will change the face of the mobile market?
Apple, Samsung and Google have yet to make official announcements of the specifics details or features of each phone. However, with the number of reports circling around including information leaks, it was possible not to compare upcoming offerings from these three.
The iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6
Reports indicated that the next iPhone installment will be called iPhone 5S, though there were people referring to it as the iPhone 6. Nonetheless, analysts pointed out that the iPhone 5S will likely be a minor refresh of the iPhone 5 set for this September. The iPhone 6 will most probably come into the market in 2014. Supposed features for the iPhone 5S included the new iOS 7, improved processor and a fingerprint sensor. Latest information leaks indicated other specs like 2GB of RAM, 12-megapixel camera and improved LTE radio. Apple needed to make an announcement for things to be official.
As mentioned, many people look forward to 2014 because of the iPhone 6. What many consumers and analysts have suggested was that it looks like Apple was redesigning the iPhone 6 altogether. The company had been steadily working on redesigning all other services and products; it was possible they want to introduce a phone with a new design.
Given the fingerprint scanner will not be in iPhone 5S, then iPhone 6 will have it. As Apple works on cutting ties with Samsung , the processor for their next phone in 2014 will be possibly from TSMC. Another much-speculated detail was the slimmer display. Reports have sighted a patent with slimmer design. Lastly, if the latest news were true, then the iPhone 6 will feature Kinect technology - paired with iOS 8 then it will be a force to be reckoned with.
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5 was in the rumor mill for quite some time already. Following the success of Google's LG-made Nexus 7, consumers were eager to find out what Google has in store for the next installment of the device. Reported features included Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in beta form, 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2-3GB of RAM, 5.2-inch Full HD Display and extendable memory options ranging from 32, 64, 128 and 256GB.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 was still far out as the latest update said Samsung planned to release the phone next spring. While the release of the device remained distant, there were already reports on possible features. One information leak said Samsung has paired up with a German company for carbon fiber composite materials. It was likely S5 will have carbon fiber on its design. Just like Apple, some resources say Samsung will also include a fingerprint detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS