The iPhone 6 vs. The Galaxy S5 vs. The Nexus 5: Which Phone will be the Future of the Mobile Market?
By Precious Silva | July 22, 2013 3:10 PM EST
The market offered a wide range of phones currently, but upcoming mobile phones were taking much of people's attention these days. Specifically, the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 6 were creating such a buzz, it was necessary to take a look what these phones had to offer. Which phone will change the face of the mobile market?
Apple, Samsung and Google have yet to make official announcements of the specifics details or features of each phone. However, with the number of reports circling around including information leaks, it was possible not to compare upcoming offerings from these three.
The iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6
Reports indicated that the next iPhone installment will be called iPhone 5S, though there were people referring to it as the iPhone 6. Nonetheless, analysts pointed out that the iPhone 5S will likely be a minor refresh of the iPhone 5 set for this September. The iPhone 6 will most probably come into the market in 2014. Supposed features for the iPhone 5S included the new iOS 7, improved processor and a fingerprint sensor. Latest information leaks indicated other specs like 2GB of RAM, 12-megapixel camera and improved LTE radio. Apple needed to make an announcement for things to be official.
As mentioned, many people look forward to 2014 because of the iPhone 6. What many consumers and analysts have suggested was that it looks like Apple was redesigning the iPhone 6 altogether. The company had been steadily working on redesigning all other services and products; it was possible they want to introduce a phone with a new design.
Given the fingerprint scanner will not be in iPhone 5S, then iPhone 6 will have it. As Apple works on cutting ties with Samsung , the processor for their next phone in 2014 will be possibly from TSMC. Another much-speculated detail was the slimmer display. Reports have sighted a patent with slimmer design. Lastly, if the latest news were true, then the iPhone 6 will feature Kinect technology - paired with iOS 8 then it will be a force to be reckoned with.
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5 was in the rumor mill for quite some time already. Following the success of Google's LG-made Nexus 7, consumers were eager to find out what Google has in store for the next installment of the device. Reported features included Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in beta form, 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2-3GB of RAM, 5.2-inch Full HD Display and extendable memory options ranging from 32, 64, 128 and 256GB.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 was still far out as the latest update said Samsung planned to release the phone next spring. While the release of the device remained distant, there were already reports on possible features. One information leak said Samsung has paired up with a German company for carbon fiber composite materials. It was likely S5 will have carbon fiber on its design. Just like Apple, some resources say Samsung will also include a fingerprint detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports