iPhone 6 vs Google Nexus 5: Which Smartphone Should You Wait For?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 22, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Two smartphones were expected to have a head-on battle by the end of this year - the iPhone 6 and Google Nexus 5.
The iPhone 6 release date may happen in November or December, as suggested by the latest internal memo from Apple execs. 9to5Mac revealed the internal memo from Apple in which the management asked employees around the world for ideas for selling and supporting the iPhone.
Thus, this suggested that the iPhone 6 release date may be scheduled sometime in November or December, right before the holiday season.
The Google Nexus 5 was also expected to come around the same time based on its last year's release date.
Smartphones usually wait for a full year before releasing their successors in order to maximize their profits. Despite their unconfirmed release dates, iPhone 6 and Google Nexus 5 were clouded by a myriad of rumours.
Below was the comparison between iPhone 6 and Google Nexus 5 based on their rumoured features.
Screen Display - iPhone 6 was speculated to come with a larger screen display in order to keep up with its rivals. According to reports, it will increase its screen size up to 4.8 inches made of Sharp's IGZO screen display. Google Nexus 5, on the other hand, was expected to come with 5-inch Full HD screen display.
Processor -Reports claimed that Apple recently bought a Taiwanese company United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), a Taiwanese company listed on the New York Stock Exchange to be its own chip maker. The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be powered by A7 quad core processor. Google Nexus 5 will include Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor that possessed a clock rate of 2.3GHz paired with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
Internal Storage - It was most likely that Apple's iPhone 6 will boost its storage up to 128GB, just like what the company did to the iPad. Google Nexus 5 was rumoured to come in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB variants.
Camera - Both devices will come with a 13-megapixel rear camera. Google Nexus 5's camera will greatly improve with the aid of the new Android Jelly Bean.
Battery Life - Google Nexus 5 was expected to come with 3300mAh Li-polymer battery, while Apple did not specifically announce the measurement of the capacity of its battery. However, Apple fans desired longer battery life from the iPhone 6.
Price and Availability - The predecessor of Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, was quite famous for its friendly price tag. The device was expected to cost around $299. Apple's iPhone 6 was also expected to follow its previous pricing strategy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments