Golden Boy Arranging ‘Super Fight’ Between Two Hard-hitting Boxers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | July 21, 2013 2:41 PM EST
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is now working everything to set up a championship showdown between undefeated American slugger Adrein 'the Problem' Broner and Argentine hard-hitter Marcus Maidana right after the historic super welterweight title bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez.
Fresh from arranging a boxing match between Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse as an undercard in the One Pay-per-View offering, Schaefer is reportedly brewing another interesting fight between Broner and Maidana.
"Now that Mayweather and Canelo are done, and that Garcia and Matthysse is done, I think that Broner against Maidana would be the next biggest fight that you can make in the sport ... A potential Broner-Maidana fight would be as entertaining as any fight I can think of," Schaefer told Ring TV.
Broner, who cruised to a unanimous decision victory over Paulie Malignaggi in June, took a shot at Maidana and Matthysse recently by saying they are nothing but boxers who have been defeated several times in the past.
Broner is boasting a 27-0 record with 22 knockouts, while Maidana has an impressive 34-3 slate with 31 knockouts around his belt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match