Floyd Mayweather Jr. Sets Condition For Future Mega-Fight With Manny Pacquiao
By Lou Ramon Aguila | July 21, 2013 1:22 AM EST
Pound-for-pound champion Floyd Maweather Jr. is still giving former boxing kingpin Manny Pacquiao a chance to fight him, only if he decided to abandon Top-Rank Boxing and sign with Mayweather promotions.
Mayweather, who's scheduled to fight Saul Canelo Alvarez in the super welterweight showdown on Sept 14, said he would never give the Filipino boxer a chance to fight him unless he joins his promotional outfit.
"I'm just letting you know that he's [Pacquiao] not getting a fight with me. The only way he's getting a fight with me is if he signs with Mayweather Promotions. He's got to give me fights with Mayweather Promotions. If he don't give me no fights under Mayweather Promotions, then he's not getting the fight. That's how it's working now," Mayweather reportedly told Yahoo Sports boxing insider Kevin Iole.
Boxing analysts believes it's very much unlikely for Pacquiao to sign with the Mayweather Promotions, considering they had been involved in several legal battles concerning doping allegation fired by Mayweather's camp towards Pacquiao.
Yet, the potential mega battle between two of the best boxers in the last decade remains a possibility, if everything falls into place in the next few months.
Coming off an embarrassing knockout loss at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez, Pacquiao needed to come up with another sensational win over his next opponent Brandon 'Bam Bam' Rios for him to have crack at fighting the undefeated American boxer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS