Earnings News: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Google Inc (GOOG), General Electric Company (GE), Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG) [VIDEO]
July 20, 2013 12:31 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened mixed on Friday, after the Dow and S&P closed at record highs in the previous session, as tech giants Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings results.
Shares of Microsoft and Google were lower in premarket trading after the results of both fell short of expectations. Microsoft was down over 7 percent, while Google fell over 3 percent.
Investors also weighed the latest round of earnings Friday morning as General Electric (NYSE: GE) and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE: SLB) both reported better-than-expected results, sending their shares higher. GE rose over 1 percent, while Schlumberger was up over 2 percent.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISRG) fell more than 14 percent after the company cut its 2013 sales forecast, and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) plunged over 10 percent after the company said gross margins would fall.
As of 10:12 am Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 20.58 points, or 0.13percent, to 15,571.96. The S&P 500 Index fell 2.29 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,687.34.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists