Earnings News: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Google Inc (GOOG), General Electric Company (GE), Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG) [VIDEO]
July 20, 2013 12:31 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened mixed on Friday, after the Dow and S&P closed at record highs in the previous session, as tech giants Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings results.
Shares of Microsoft and Google were lower in premarket trading after the results of both fell short of expectations. Microsoft was down over 7 percent, while Google fell over 3 percent.
Investors also weighed the latest round of earnings Friday morning as General Electric (NYSE: GE) and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE: SLB) both reported better-than-expected results, sending their shares higher. GE rose over 1 percent, while Schlumberger was up over 2 percent.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISRG) fell more than 14 percent after the company cut its 2013 sales forecast, and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) plunged over 10 percent after the company said gross margins would fall.
As of 10:12 am Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 20.58 points, or 0.13percent, to 15,571.96. The S&P 500 Index fell 2.29 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,687.34.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best