Earnings News: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Google Inc (GOOG), General Electric Company (GE), Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG) [VIDEO]
July 20, 2013 12:31 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened mixed on Friday, after the Dow and S&P closed at record highs in the previous session, as tech giants Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings results.
Shares of Microsoft and Google were lower in premarket trading after the results of both fell short of expectations. Microsoft was down over 7 percent, while Google fell over 3 percent.
Investors also weighed the latest round of earnings Friday morning as General Electric (NYSE: GE) and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE: SLB) both reported better-than-expected results, sending their shares higher. GE rose over 1 percent, while Schlumberger was up over 2 percent.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISRG) fell more than 14 percent after the company cut its 2013 sales forecast, and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) plunged over 10 percent after the company said gross margins would fall.
As of 10:12 am Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 20.58 points, or 0.13percent, to 15,571.96. The S&P 500 Index fell 2.29 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,687.34.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales