Earnings News: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Google Inc (GOOG), General Electric Company (GE), Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG) [VIDEO]
July 20, 2013 12:31 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened mixed on Friday, after the Dow and S&P closed at record highs in the previous session, as tech giants Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings results.
Shares of Microsoft and Google were lower in premarket trading after the results of both fell short of expectations. Microsoft was down over 7 percent, while Google fell over 3 percent.
Investors also weighed the latest round of earnings Friday morning as General Electric (NYSE: GE) and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE: SLB) both reported better-than-expected results, sending their shares higher. GE rose over 1 percent, while Schlumberger was up over 2 percent.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISRG) fell more than 14 percent after the company cut its 2013 sales forecast, and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) plunged over 10 percent after the company said gross margins would fall.
As of 10:12 am Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 20.58 points, or 0.13percent, to 15,571.96. The S&P 500 Index fell 2.29 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,687.34.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’