Earnings News: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Google Inc (GOOG), General Electric Company (GE), Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG) [VIDEO]
July 20, 2013 12:31 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened mixed on Friday, after the Dow and S&P closed at record highs in the previous session, as tech giants Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported disappointing earnings results.
Shares of Microsoft and Google were lower in premarket trading after the results of both fell short of expectations. Microsoft was down over 7 percent, while Google fell over 3 percent.
Investors also weighed the latest round of earnings Friday morning as General Electric (NYSE: GE) and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE: SLB) both reported better-than-expected results, sending their shares higher. GE rose over 1 percent, while Schlumberger was up over 2 percent.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISRG) fell more than 14 percent after the company cut its 2013 sales forecast, and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) plunged over 10 percent after the company said gross margins would fall.
As of 10:12 am Eastern, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 20.58 points, or 0.13percent, to 15,571.96. The S&P 500 Index fell 2.29 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,687.34.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display