The Johnny Cash Story Happening At Melbourne's Athenaeum Theatre Until July 21
By Ria Kristina Torrente | July 19, 2013 5:36 PM EST
Singing legend Johnny Cash's memory lives as The Cruel Sea frontman Tex Perkins transforms himself as the revered singer in The Man In Black: The Johnny Cash Story, a two hour music performance happening at The Athenaeum Theatre in Melbourne until July 21st.
Produced by Simon Myers, The Man In Black explores Cash's early life and his rise to fame told in a blend of songs and spoken word performances that will bring the audience to remember how Johnny Cash became a music icon.
Perkins, together with Rachael Tidd and The Tennessee Four band will be playing most of Cash's best known songs including I Walk The Line, Folsom Prison Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Jacskon and more.
Both Perkins and Tidd have a deep voice that is perfect to sing Cash's greatest hits, especially Perkins who does his best to fit into Cash's character donning a black outfit, which he successfully brings on stage.
Meanwhile, Sony Music Entertainment's Legacy Records will be releasing a photo book and music collection to celebrate the coming 10th death anniversary of Cash.
Life Unseen: Johnny Cash - An Illustrated Biography, a 192-page book, features rare and never-before-seen photos of the singer gathered from Sony's archives. It includes images of Cash's quiet moments and interviews with his family including June Carter Cash and his children Rosanne Cash and John Carter Cash.
His music collection, Life Unheard: Johnny Cash, will include rare tracks featuring solo acoustic recordings at the House of Cash Studio, live concerts taped at the Newport Folk Festival and more.
Fans can grab copies of the photo book and music collection starting August 13th.
For now, catch the last four performances of The Man In Black: The Johnny Cash Story on the following show schedules:
July 19, Friday - 8 p.m.
July 20, Saturday - 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.
July 21, Sunday - 3 p.m.
For ticket information visit www.Ticketek.com.au. The Athenaeum Theatre is located at 188 Collins St. Melbourne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?