The Johnny Cash Story Happening At Melbourne's Athenaeum Theatre Until July 21
By Ria Kristina Torrente | July 19, 2013 5:36 PM EST
Singing legend Johnny Cash's memory lives as The Cruel Sea frontman Tex Perkins transforms himself as the revered singer in The Man In Black: The Johnny Cash Story, a two hour music performance happening at The Athenaeum Theatre in Melbourne until July 21st.
Produced by Simon Myers, The Man In Black explores Cash's early life and his rise to fame told in a blend of songs and spoken word performances that will bring the audience to remember how Johnny Cash became a music icon.
Perkins, together with Rachael Tidd and The Tennessee Four band will be playing most of Cash's best known songs including I Walk The Line, Folsom Prison Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Jacskon and more.
Both Perkins and Tidd have a deep voice that is perfect to sing Cash's greatest hits, especially Perkins who does his best to fit into Cash's character donning a black outfit, which he successfully brings on stage.
Meanwhile, Sony Music Entertainment's Legacy Records will be releasing a photo book and music collection to celebrate the coming 10th death anniversary of Cash.
Life Unseen: Johnny Cash - An Illustrated Biography, a 192-page book, features rare and never-before-seen photos of the singer gathered from Sony's archives. It includes images of Cash's quiet moments and interviews with his family including June Carter Cash and his children Rosanne Cash and John Carter Cash.
His music collection, Life Unheard: Johnny Cash, will include rare tracks featuring solo acoustic recordings at the House of Cash Studio, live concerts taped at the Newport Folk Festival and more.
Fans can grab copies of the photo book and music collection starting August 13th.
For now, catch the last four performances of The Man In Black: The Johnny Cash Story on the following show schedules:
July 19, Friday - 8 p.m.
July 20, Saturday - 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.
July 21, Sunday - 3 p.m.
For ticket information visit www.Ticketek.com.au. The Athenaeum Theatre is located at 188 Collins St. Melbourne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money